Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cold. Winter. Freeze the germs!!!

It was bitter cold and windy outside today.  I hope all the germs freeze and never come back!!!  The cold calls for a perfect reason to stay bundled warm and out of the cold right here inside our home.  Another perfect excuse for today was ... to bake some cookies, drink cappuccino with Mike on his quick lunch break/stop in and I don't have an excuse why I just can't keep my fingers off the party mix I made yesterday!?!

Here are the baked cookies.  (Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies from the Honey Brook Cookbook and then topped with a kiss after they were baked!)  And here's the cappuccino I drank when Mike stopped in at home this afternoon.  I love it when he surprises me and stops in.  We had a chat about 'real life' and the good and bad of it all.  The drink did taste so good on this cold, cold day!


We have small groups here tonight, so all of these snacks will come in handy!

=========================================================

At the crop I was at this past weekend (Yes, I got a lot of scrap booking done!), we snacked on this party mix and everyone raved about it!  So tasty!  Perfect!  I asked for the recipe and I am pleased to be able to serve it to our church friends tonight who will come here for small groups.



... Party Mix Recipe ...
 
1 cup oil
2 pk. ranch salad dressing mix
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dill weed
2 tsp. lemon pepper
1/4 cup sugar

Mix and pour over this: 2 boxes mini club crackers, 1 bag cheese balls, 2 bags popcorn, pretzels, corn chex cereal & gold fish crackers.

Warning:  Very addicting!  So good!!!!

Thanks Mary Ann for sharing this recipe with me!!!
 
==================================================
 
The other day, Hadassah took my camera and did a photo shot of Matthew and Ashlyn.  It was cute to see her creativity and ideas.  She did a good job!
 
Princess ...
 Dark brown eyes VS light blue eyes ...

 Pose #3 :).  Hug the brother and dig the way too cute puppy rain boots!  :)


Pose #4 ... the second born.  the only 'boy' in the family.  loves his sisters.

=========================================================

Remember when my post from last Friday talked about the gorgeous sunrise?  For some odd reason, posting pictures on my blog was difficult the last few days.  But, today, it decided to be normal for me.?!!! 

Here's the picture of what I saw.  Sunrises and sunsets are a huge amazement to me.  I could see one after the next ... and not one being alike!  That's our God!  Our creator!  The maker of the heavens and the earth!!!  I wish my picture could really portray the beauty of it ... but sunrises are just the best seeing them in 'real life'!  So glad God decided to share this one with me last Friday morning!!!

 
 
========================================
 
It's off to bed now for me.
.  
Have courage.  Take one moment at a time.  God is our helper and our strength!
 
Oh yeah, I was promply reminded by God this morning in my devotional reading.  It said this,
 
"Anything that tends to make you anxious is a growth opportunity."
 
Pressing on!