Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hadassah loves art!

Hadassah loves art.  Crafts.  She's into the duck tape crafts.  The paints.  The pastels.  Chalkboard paint.  You name it ... !

We got to enjoy the day together with her best school friends and their moms ... and her 5th grade teacher, Miss. Kreider!!!  We all met on Monday morning and went to Hobby Lobby!  We were only there once before, so it made it extra exciting to go and see and shop the store.

Hobby Lobby is a craft store and it has unique, beautiful items.  Hadassah spent the entire time shopping with her girlfriends, Courtney and Laurie.  Miss. Kreider stuck with them too.  They had a blast!  The other moms and I went our own ways and enjoyed some peaceful shopping!  :)

Hadassah had a cart full of things before we checked out.  I had a few myself!  :)  She went gun go on the paints!  She also bought pastels.  (I can't wait to see what she does with those.  These are really neat!)  We got a canvas.  Some more duck tape.  A few gift items, etc..  I found a big 10 Commandments plague that Mike has been wanting for his shop.  The price was great!  I bought a few frames and some outdoor items.  Fun, fun!

Here's a stool we picked up at a yard sale this Spring.  It was black but Hadassah added all kinds of fun paint splats.  She thinks it will look great in her 'studio' outback.

Mike brought home a demo, small shed two summers ago and it sets behind the pines in the back yard.  It stores our patio set during the winter but now that's its empty, Hadassah wants to make it into a studio.  An art studio of some sort.  It's been a dream of hers ever since the shed hit our property.  Last summer her and Matthew painted the inside.  They laid some spare pieces of carpet in it.  Now, yesterday afternoon they attempted to give it a good cleaning and add some furniture.  I think it will be a fun project for them today!!!

 We visited an antique barn yesterday after doing a fun garden tour with the kids.  I found this small piece of wood on a iron rod.  I asked Hadassah to paint it orange for me.  When the paint is dry, we will write "carrots" on it and stick it in the garden!  Hence .... the reason for the orange hands!
 
.............................................................................
 
I kept mentioning that I want small signs for the garden.  I think it adds some style and neatness!  :)  I bought a paint pen the other week and finally texted Mike asking him to bring home some boards from the shop to complete my project.  When he came home last night, he had forgotten but we looked around the shed and found some other boards that worked perfectly!  With Mike and Matthew's help with the saw and a hammer, we had a the small project done in no time!  Satisfied!
 
I pulled out the sugar peas last night.  Now it's time for the string beans to be planted.
 



 
...........................................................
 
This is another project Hadassah did last night.  She liked my paint pen too!  :)  I love her art!  It's always inspiring! 
 
This was Matthew's project ... not so inspiring, but so cute!!!
 
 
His watermelon plant is growing slowly.  I think with all the rain we've been getting, all it needs is some good sunshine yet and it will take off!  He made this sign too last night for his plant!

 
.....................................................................
 
 I mentioned earlier about a garden tour we took.  Mom, Jody, and I (and the kiddoes) took a walk through an outdoor garden tour yesterday.  It was so neat!!!  It was paths through the woods, the crafts, and foods, the animals, the wood projects, flowers, gardens, etc!!!  We really enjoyed our time there! 
 
As us ladies mused on the landscapes and flowers, while the kids roasted free smores.  They fed the pony and baby ducks.  They tasted and loved the different popcorn flavors!  We bought some of that yummy "Emma's Popcorn" for a treat on the way home!!!
 
Then we stopped at an antique barn and roamed and had a blast there after the garden tour!  I was never there and had no idea a barn like this was so close to home!  I will be going back again!!!   
 
We went from one event to the next.  After the barn, we went to Annie's pool!  That warm sun felt so good and the kids always love swimming!  Thanks Anne for the invite!  And for the fresh zucchini bread!  Yummy!!!
 
 
...................................................................
 
Hadassah mentioned that I don't have a whole lot of pictures of her recently on the blog and I agreed.  It's not like I try to take some of one child and not of the other.  Not at all.  It seems that my camera goes first to Ashlyn.  Anyway, so here's most of this post for Hadassah!
 
Her first day at market ... eating a pickle!

We have been enjoying smores and campfire out back!  This was last week ...

 
....................................................................

Well, it's off to eat some breakfast and enjoy my coffee before my little ones wake up!  Have a blessed day and enjoy the lovely weather that we are anticipating for today!  We love sunshine and summer!!!