Friday, June 14, 2013

Jobs ~

Summer jobs are under way.  I can't believe that my first born baby is off to market today helping sell pickles with sister-in-law Lena.  I can't wait to hear how her day went and I am sure this will be a great learning experience!  Both with learning how to serve people well and learning to give change.  I know it will be a good experience!

Chores ... I have failed miserably with keeping up with the kids chore list.  Oh, it's easy to sit down and make a cute list.  I even found some 'chore sheets' of paper at a yard sale that we filled out.  Hadassah and Matthew both have one hanging up in the kitchen but why then is it so hard to stick to it and get them crossed off?! 

Hadassah and Matthew have the job of pulling the weeds in the front, big flower bed.  It's not tough but it can easily get out of hand if they don't do it every week.  Yesterday, they were both at it for awhile and now Matthew has the rest to finish today.  (Since Hadassah thought it was WAY NOT FARE that Matthew didn't have to do it alone since she was at market today.  Sigh.) 

Matthew also helped me clean the shop this morning.  I do this every other week and now that the kids are off of school and home to help, it works great!  He dumped the waste cans and swept off all the lunch room chairs.  He rewarded himself with an Mike & Ike candy pack.  :/

Teaching the kids how to work is not easy for me.  I at times find myself working around the house and not subbing out the work.  Most times I send them out on the job for a disciple.  I am trying to make work and chores be a fun experience and not always as a punishment.  I know the work ethic that we have will come but not without some good training.  I think this summer will be a great start!

Now, it's my turn to be off and do more house work.  I have bread rising on the kitchen counter and it will be making the house smell like a bakery in a few hours!  I also baked a loaf of banana split bread last night because for some reason, all four banana's that were hanging nicely on their hook, decided to all split and fall to the counter.  I ate one banana and decided to smash the other three, add some flour, walnuts and chocolate chips (and a few other ingredients) and make a loaf of bread.  It smelled so, so good and the taste was great too!  It went perfectly with our homemade ice cream at Mike's parents last night!  Yum!

The yard and weeds are in need of my time and so I am off to enjoy the beautiful afternoon outside!!!  The sunshine is so inviting out there!

Our weekend will be spent with our church family and maybe some time with cousins?!!!  You will find us at the ballpark too cheering Matthew on with his tournament games!!!  We love SUMMER!  It's the ultimate!

P.S. ... Don't forget to wish your father's all Happy Father's Day on Sunday!  Dad's are so important and so let's let them know we love them and appreciate all they do for us!!!