Monday, February 1, 2016

Austin turns 7 months old!

We seemed to give Austin the title "little man" soon after he was born.  We refer to him with this title often.  So here is what our "little man" is up to so far!

He weighs 16 lbs.  He does the 'solider crawl' to get around and really does move around like this.  He spends most of his time on the living room so when he sees something that he wants, he goes after it.  The other day I heard a crash and then he started crying.  He had crawled over to our lamp, pulled on the cord and the light fell down on him.  He was fine and stopped crying the moment I rescued him from the lamp!  :)  We are being very cautious with Ashlyn's dollhouse toys on the floor.  We cannot have any small pieces lying around or he could put them in his mouth. 

And talking about his mouth ... he still doesn't eat much!!!  I am one that does not start baby foods early.  Usually around six months old.  But then my other babies caught on fast and liked everything I fed to them.  Austin is different.  I keep trying to feed him baby foods.  I always start with vegetables and am determined to keep trying to get him to like these before moving onto fruits.  They are sweeter and I really want him to like veggies!!!  I think it's the texture that he doesn't like?.?  Because, I put baby cereal in his bottle every night for his last feeding right before bedtime.  He drinks it no problem.  But when I mix some in a bowl, with formula, and then try to feed him with a baby spoon, he gags and shivers and spits it out!  The taste would be exactly the same as in his bottle!  He does this with every kind of food!  I did buy some baby yogurt the other day just to see what he would do with that taste but the same thing.  Spit.  Shiver.  He gets so annoyed.  He did start eating some saltine crackers and seems to like them pretty good!  I guess that's a start.

I love, love his stage right now!!!  He loves to carry on.  Be involved with any action that's going on!  He wants to be included!  He giggles.  And laughs out loud.  He mastered sitting!  He likes his nuk and blanket, especially at nap time!  He is sleeping all night!  (Except for last night we were up a couple of times.  Austin is not feeling well.  When I put him to bed last night, I thought he seemed a little warm.  Then he kept waking up during the night.  I held him on the chair most of the night.  Mostly just to keep giving him his nuk and comforting him.  He is still a little warm today.  I'm thinking that maybe his first tooth is coming through???  I keep feeling in his mouth but nothing yet.)  His bedtime is 8:30 and sleeps usually till 4-6 AM.  I feed him and he sleeps till around 7.  It's not always like this but I am so glad that he sleeps through that 2:30 AM time now!!!

We kiss Austin so much during the day!  He loves Ashlyn and Ginger!  When he sees Matthew, he reaches out for him!  Hadassah can always get him reaching too!  When Mike walks in the door from work each night, he has to come in quiet.  If I am feeding Austin when he gets home, Austin will not drink his milk!  He whines and cries for Mike the minute he sees him!!!  Mike loves it!  It's so cute!!! 

On Saturday, I took Austin into our bedroom where the natural light was coming in through the windows so nicely!!!  We did a little photo shot!  I love these pictures and will treasure them for forever!!!

Meet our "little man" at 7 months old!

















 
Austin loves when Matthew gives him his watch!


XOXOXO!