Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cold and blustery!!!

This is truly a winter day here at home!  It's how my life is right now.  At home.  In my happy space.  Warm and cozy.  Holding baby and playing "Guess Who" with Ashlyn!  Then we fold more laundry.  :)))

Staying home and indoors is my way of living at the time being!  I am the type that likes to get out a little each day if possible instead of waiting till I have many errands to go and do.  But it's different with a baby!  A lot different actually!  Austin eats, plays and then naps.  He is a momma baby right and every time he see's me, he cries for me to pick him up.  He does good in his car seat but going out in the wind and cold, if I don't HAVE to, it's better if we just stay at home!  However, it is fun to go down to moms or visit Mommy D. now and then if I want to have the afternoon away from home!  Last week we played some "Panic"!

Thursday is cleaning day for me here at home!  It takes a lot longer now with more to clean.  Going from two bathrooms to four and having A LOT more floors to clean up and sweep ... takes time.  If I'm honest, it looked overwhelming to me when we first moved back home.  I was thinking that if I had outside work to keep up with yet, I would be stressed with too much work!  I guess that's one advantage with moving in the winter months.  I focus on the inside work only and I'm already getting into a system!  My cleaning days are still work but it's going faster!  This morning, I started as soon as the kids were off to school.  Ashlyn was still sleeping and baby boy was fussing and playing as a cleaned.  Ashlyn does a great job entertaining Austin, especially in the morning and it worked to my advantage today!  When she woke up, they played together and then it was soon time for his morning nap.  That's when I can really get to cleaning!!!  :)

Hunter and Adrian came for awhile today too.  This must be cousin week with Shakia being here yesterday!  :)  Adrian went down for his nap soon after they got here and the two older children went off to play.  I woke up this morning thinking "bake bread".  Because my cleaning went well and it was already finished before lunch, I decided to mix the dough and bake some homemade bread.  It's been a long time since I baked bread.  I would do this a lot more often if Matthew would like it better than store bought bread.  He says that the toast just falls apart when he dips it in his morning hot chocolate.  And it's not the bread he likes for sandwiches.  I'm not one to make bread and then buy some too.  So, we just buy bread.  But recently we got to talking about health and the preservatives in food.  Bread is one that must have a lot of preservatives because a loaf of bread lasts a really long time before it molds or goes bad.  So, I opened up my old Weavertown Cookbook and mixed the dough and kneaded it in my Bosch and then left it rise.  Then I divided it into four loaves and let it rise again.  After it was baked, the house smelled amazing!!!  I'm sure Matthew will love this bread for supper along side some hot soup and a simple salad!  He does love it fresh and warm with butter and jelly.  I'm gonna try to really brag it up and see who all votes for only homemade bread in the house!!!  :)  It tastes so much better and is so good! 

This is what these two play a lot when they are at our house ... doctor.  They played while I made bread.

Silly ...


Hunter and Ashlyn love each other and play really nice together.  They play doctor.  They play hunting and fishing.  They sometimes play baby and kitchen.  They are best buds and recently I thought about it that I don't have that many pictures of them together.  So I grabbed the camera and took some today!

When Adrian woke up, I gave him some cooked carrots and then graham crackers for his lunch.  The other kids spied the crackers and wanted some milk to dip them into.  Giggles and milky fingers were created!  ;)
 

He's so cute!




Look at this ... Hunter is on the left and an old picture of Matthew on the right.  Everyone says how Hunter looks so much like Matthew.  We now hear that Austin looks like Hunter.  When Hunter came here today wearing Matthew's old hat, I had to take a picture of this!  They really do look alike.  Cousins.

The homemade bread turned out wonderful!!!  Ashlyn asked for a warm slice with butter and jelly!  Yes ma'am!

*************************

Outside ... it's cold.  Cold like last winter!  We are having freezing tempts day and night.  The wind is howling today but you can't hear it from inside because now we have a tight, well built home!  The roads are more of a mess today than yesterday but the children still had school.  The roads got snow drifted and messy as the day went on.  Small groups was canceled last night and volleyball games are canceled for tonight.  That means it will be another evening at home!!!  Yes!!!



 
 
Freeze the germs and bring on Spring!!! 
 
I drove out to Target last night all. by. myself!!!  Baby's formula was getting scarce and I needed to go get more.  It was a quick little outing ... just me.  :)  Mentioning Spring ... if I get the winter blues, I will go shopping.  :)  Heehee.  Target now has all their Spring clothes and the soft colors of pink and blue and purples and yellows just melted my heart!  I wanted to buy all kinds of things but stuck to the baby formula, some hygiene and a pair of pants for Austin off the clearance rack.  I did good!  ;)
 
 
It will be another fun night right here at home with hubby and the kiddoes!  

Stay warm!