Tuesday, February 23, 2016

No more braces!!!

We had a very happy boy yesterday afternoon!!!  Matthew got his braces taken off and now wears a retainer in it's place. 
 
When he has something on his mind or has an event coming up, it's all we think or talk about for awhile.  Kinda like his mom.  :)  Matthew has been counting down the days for his braces to come off.  He had them for over a year and did very well through the whole process but could not wait to be brace free again!!! 
 
I picked him up at school and we went straight to the orthodonist office.  They were crazy busy!  I said that you would have thought a snow storm was being fore casted and everyone wanting to get in their appointments.!.  Ashlyn got a few toys from the toy box and played while we waited for Matthew to get on that chair!  We followed him back and watched as they took off his braces and wire.  When he felt his teeth again he said, "It feels like they are pushed back really far.  I don't feel those braces in the front anymore."  :)  He was happy.  Then they scrapped off the extra glue off his teeth and fit his retainer into his mouth.  Yet another 'something' in his mouth but we are at the tail end of this orthodontist journey!!!  :)  They gave Matthew a case to keep it in when he's eating or playing sports and went over a few cleaning care things.
 
Then we were off for home again!  He is now adjusting to the feel of a retainer in his mouth and talking sounds a little funny.  It will only take a few days to get used to this and adjust!  We are very happy with what Dr. Georgelis has done so far with his teeth and jaw!!!  Thank you!


Braces free!!!



Now we only have a retainer and he's off to school again this morning!  Happy kid!!!
 
 
We are really missing Hadassah at home!  I think of her and her classmates so much as they are serving in missions in North Carolina!  We did get an email update saying that the travels all went well and that they are getting settled in!  I can't wait to hear her stories!!!  :)
 
It's a rainy day here at home today.  The kind of day that I'm not sure if I feel like starting anything.  I did attend the last Bible Study session at Spring Garden this morning and was again refreshed by the word of God and enjoyed the yummy brunch!  Doing a study on the Armor of God was really a great learning study for me!  Ashlyn stayed at Colson's house and played while I was spending good time with ladies and friends!  Austin napped through the DVD session!  :)
 
I keep thinking about the word S-P-R-I-N-G!!!  Since we had some warmer days and I worked in our disgusting barn last Saturday, I want spring to come NOW!!!  I moved all the things that I still want out of the barn and into our garage.  Now the barn can leave the property!!!  Ugly and dirty!  And gross!!!  I know that we will have enough work outside here that will keep us busy all spring and summer but we are ready for some new grass and not just mud!  Front walks and a back porch are all in the plans as soon as the weather warms up enough to pour more concrete! 
 
I am usually really ready to work in the little garden and get our veggies planted as soon as the weather gets warmer!!!  I am sad that my garden may have to wait till a bit later this year???  I don't want my garden where it is anymore and so it needs to be moved.  With the barn moved and the driveway bigger, the garden looks a tad out of place where it is.  I don't know how fast that will happen or if it will get done early enough for some early planting.?.  For now, I keep looking at garden idea's on Pinterest and try to visualize how I want things to be.  I have "Garden" on my spring wish list!  I need to wait out winter a few more weeks and then let the outside projects begin!!!
 
It's time to go play a game with Ashlyn!!!  I treasure our times together while Austin naps!