Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Winter Fun Days have begun at school.

This week began with fun props for the kids to take along to school. 

It's called Winter Fun Days.

It seems to brighten up the winter days and add some fun and humor to classrooms.  I'm sure the teachers will be amazed and giggle what all the children come up with. 

Yesterday, Hadassah was a COOK.  She had her hair in a hair net and put on an apron.  She carried around a mixing bowl and spoon.  Matthew was an INVENTOR.  He wore an apron and then put one of Mike's white shirts over top of that. 

(I was annoyed at my camera.  The bus was on it's way, so blurry has got to be good enough.  Sigh.)

Today they both went out of the house looking like this ...

AN OLD MAN ~

 BLACK OUT DAY WITH HER CLASS ~

And because it is windy and raining huge, loud rain drops outside ... I am inside with my two youngest today!!!  Again.  I'm so thankful that I 'do not have to' go out in weather like this!  Let me repeat that!  I'm thankful to stay home, inside, warm and dry!  We will be so ready for spring when it arrives!  Rather sooner than later, right?!?

When the kids are eating their breakfast before school, Austin is often times in his little seat watching them.  We are still trying to get him to like foods but it's going slow.  He's not impressed with new things.  Maybe a little like me, huh???

7 1/2 months old:

He loves and adores Matthew!  He is his morning buddy!



Because we had another two hour delay this morning because of icy roads, I surprised the kids with warm honey bun cake.  Hadassah came walking into the kitchen and awed at the smell!!!  Matthew thought I should bake this every morning so they could smell and taste this!  I thought maybe buying a candle with this scent would be a healthier and better option.  Smile!

Treats like this are fun for me to make now and then.  It will be a great dessert for after supper tonight too. 

It's a rainy day here today.  The candles are burning to bring a warm feeling to our indoor surroundings.  The house still smells great from the cake setting on the kitchen counter.  Music is playing softly while baby takes his morning nap.  Ashlyn is right beside me doing her sticker book and coloring.  It's gonna be a day of pjs and hot coffee ... I can just tell!  :)

Stay warm.  Stay dry. 

................................................. I'm wishing for spring!