Thursday, May 25, 2023

Happy Birthday, Mommy D.!

 Mommy D. had a birthday!!!  She is now 87 years old!  That's old and she is my grandma!!!  I love her so much and decided to take some balloons to her to celebrate!  She's been a women in my life that taught me how to make a good shortcake, good pumpkin pies and to work hard at keeping a tidy house.  She was always super clean!

I love her so much!  Happy Birthday Mommy D.!!!!!




Growing old is not easy.  Mommy is a widow now for the past years.  She lives right next to my parents.  She has a hard time remembering now and she bruises easy.  Those marks on her skin are from simple bumps that just turn black and blue so quickly.  She can still care for herself but her children have certain days to make sure she gets a good breakfast and supper each day.  She feel and broke her shoulder a year ago and still has some pain in that shoulder.  She loves puzzles but doesn't do those 1000 piece any more.  She loves Florida in the winter months.  Purple is her favorite color.  



I bought her balloons but by the very next day, they were already on the floor.  So much for that helium.




All my grandparents were special to me.  She's the oldest relative I have still alive!  Happy birthday!