Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cape May, NJ

We spent last weekend at Cape May, NJ.  It was a fun time!

This was built by Mike and the kids!  Pretty good!  (We had to invest in new sand toys.  Can't believe I forgot to pack them!  I knew we were going to the beach and sand .... and kids play with sand toys!  Dah.)

 The first night there, we went to one of the many ice cream parlors down there.  They both got cookie dough ice cream with gummy sharks and milky way sprinkles.  Crazy!!!
 Hadassah got to use all the arcade tickets and so we bought Matthew a surf board for his gift.  This made lot's of fun playing together!  There was a little pool of water that formed from the waves of the ocean.  This made a perfect spot for the kids to wade in to and not have the ocean waves braking in on them!


 Lovin' it ...

 Another castle built by the Lapp Family ...
 The men of the family ...
 Ashlyn did great!  I was impressed how well she did and she took naps right on the beach.  The only thing was that it was so windy.  She pretty much had to be in a beach towel and blocked by the wind with an umbrella.  She got a cough.  Tried really hard to not let the wind get to her face!!!  Even though she did well, I still think the beach is not the best place for babies!

 Watching the waves ...
 We rented bikes one night and rode around the little town.  Normally, the town is a laid back little village, but because of it being Labor Day Weekend it made it a lot busier!!!  Bike riding with Hadassah and Matthew dodging between cars and traffic was kinda nerve racking!!!  Baby fell asleep in her car seat and we put her in the basket of my 3 wheel bike!!!  She loved that!!!
 One thing I really wanted to get accomplished was taking some beach pictures with our family.  Well, because of the wind, I really didn't want Ashlyn to get in it too much.  We got a few shots.  I knew the sunlight would be too bright at 5:00 PM, but if we didn't want to wait 2 hours in line at a restaurant, we had to take them early!

When we got to our restaurant, there was water and a dock in the back.  After our supper, we took a few more pics.
Beautiful Hadassah Grace ...
 Sisters ...
 Lovin' the lovin' ...
 Our awesome three children ...
 Matthew loved the sand and water!  In his own little world out here playing with a shovel ...
 Enjoying the sand too ...

Mike's sister Lena and husband came down from Saturday till Monday and stayed with us!  We had a great time with them too.  Matt covered both the kids with sand!  Everything but their heads were covered in sand!

Mike and I got to run and walk together two mornings.  I ran my first 1 mile!  It's been years since I did any running for exercise.  I usually do walking but I ran a little over a mile and I was so proud of my start!!!  Mike said it was one of his highlights of the weekend.  I usually say that I should run, but then chicken out.  Not this time.  Running is hard for me.  I don't enjoy it.  Hopefully, it will get easier the more often I do it!  Like the saying goes, "No pain ... no gain."  I still have baby weight to work off, so running will be my exercise for now.

As we were leaving, we were laughing.  We had to check out of our rooms Monday morning and then went on the beach.  It got all cloudy and really windy around 1:00.  We packed up our towels, chairs, umbrella, sand toys, stroller with baby, cooler .... OK, you get the point!  We went to the truck and put all that stuff in the back and tried our best to get the sand off of us before our 2 plus hour ride home.  It was laugh or get frustrated!  We decided to laugh and it was a great weekend with the family!!!