Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shakia Rose!!!

Our family welcomes with joy ... Shakia Rose Riehl!!!

Jason and Mindy had a little girl on September 11.  She weighed 8 lbs and is 21 1/2 inches long.  So many people are saying she looks like her daddy!!!

Here is this little, precious sweetie!

I am so proud to say that I am the first to give her first jar of candy!!!  If you know my brother Jason, you know that he feeds ALL CHILDREN if he holds them.  Smarties, crackers, ice cream, candy ... whatever is around. 

A few weeks back, I was at my grandparents and he stopped in.  He tried to give Ashlyn a Ritz cracker.  She's not eating crackers yet normally ... and to put it lightly she made a mess.  He laughed to handed me the messy child and said "here you clean her up"!

So many of us can't wait to feed Shakia all that Jason has tried!  Poor Mindy!  (Just kidding.  I won't unless she agrees!)  I did threaten to take an ice cream cone along to the hospital for our first visit!  Instead I put some candy in a jar and gave it with glee! 

Blessings to you both Jason and Mindy!!!  She's darling and I can't wait to see how God will use her to glorify His kingdom!!!