Thursday, September 8, 2011

So much has been happening ...

Oh my!!!  Busyness!!!?  It's ridiculous!  Even though I have had a busy schedule, things have all been working out and most of my time has been spent having fun with my family!

Last Friday, the kids had school only till lunch.  Mike and I loaded up the truck and picked them up at school and headed for Cape May, NJ.  We've never been there for vacation and Mike's parents love this place and recommended it to us!  We arrived Friday evening and got settled in our little condo.  (More on this trip coming soon.)

We spent the weekend in Cape May and came back home on Monday night.  We got the truck unpacked and cleaned out!  (Let me tell you that vacations are so much work!  I forget how it was when it was just me as a single girl and taking only what I needed!!!  Now we packed just about everything but the kitchen sink!  Sigh.)  But it was a great time!

Tuesday the kids went back to school and Ashlyn and I headed for Mom Lapp's house.  We had 14 baskets of apple's to make into applesauce!  Yep A HUGE PROJECT!  Some for everyone!  Nothing beats this applesauce though!!!  I think it's truly the very best around!  A mix of Ginger Gold apples and Smokehouse apples with some sugar added and the taste is AWESOME!!!  (I will post pics on this too.)  I needed to be home for when the kids came home from school and I was tired!  After getting refreshed with a big mug of hot tea and a soak in the tub, Mike and I went to PTF at school later that evening.  Love our school!  Great teachers and a great group of Christian believers!

Wednesday was another very busy, hard working day!!!  Sister in law Linda and her family moved!  It's a very neat house that they bought!  Never knew an older house could have so many closets and storage space!  That's to dream for!!!  Moving is endless and so much lifting and work!  We cleaned one box out at a time and got her kitchen organized, her bathrooms in order, and clothes in the closets.  I'm sure it will take a while till Linda can say, "No more boxes!!!".  We've lived in our house since we've been married (almost 11 years!) and if we would ever move, it would be 'clean house time'!  After helping someone else move, it makes me mad that I collect so much stuff over the years!  Blessing to you Steve and Linda!  I know you will love it in your new home!!!  Love you guys!

Again I needed to be home for the school kids.  Angie picked them up at school and Hadassah called me on the way home and asked if they can hang out a little with Kiersten and Jayden.  That gave me some time at home to get Ashlyn to sleep and have some alone time!  I still had suitcases setting around from the weekend and I got them cleaned out and put away!  We were going to have some people come and talk about the Nicaragua project, but Mike canceled that.  I called him and asked if "we can plan to plan to be at home tonight!!!"  It felt so good to relax and just hang out with my hubby and kids!

This morning Mike left for work and after feeding Ashlyn I crawled back into bed!  It's been raining since Monday and pulling the covers up to my chin and hearing the rain outside, was a great start of my entire day at home!!!  HOME!!!  The kids got to sleep in too because school is canceled because of flooding and all the rain!  I hope to get my house cleaned today but we are going to relax and chill!!!  Amazing to me that when the kids have a day off of school, they chose to play school.  So cute.  They already decorated some outdated gingerbread men that Mommy Lapp gave them and now they are singing with Wil Stoltz and acting like they are in music class.  Hadassah is the teacher of course and Matthew does everything she says!

I hope you all have a great Thursday and even though it's A LOT OF RAIN OUTSIDE, enjoy your day indoors!  I might get to blog some pictures later!