Saturday, December 24, 2011

********** Christmas Eve **********

It's Christmas Eve Day!!!!

Only 1 Day till Christmas!

(Turn off blog music before listening to this song.)


We will be off to a family gathering today!!!  It's always so much fun!  "Come early and stay late" is mom's thinking.  I'm sure it will be lots of Settlers, Rook, delicious cookies and food, oyster soup, mac and cheese and sooooo much more.  Christmas is defiantly the best time of year!!!

This year, instead of picking Christmas names with the family, it was mom's idea to all put together money and choose a family in need to give it too.  We can pick someone local or send it to a mission. 

(Matthew has been praying for "the little boy" for a couple of months.  Wait ... I'll be right back!  OK, Ashlyn pulled off a piece of taffy off a gift under the tree and was thoroughly enjoying it.  We got a little postcard this summer from Christian Aid.  It had a picture of a little black boy sitting in a small tub of water and was very mal nutrition.  You could see his ribs and bones all over his body.  It was so gross that I threw it in the trash right away.  It was horrible looking.  Then awhile later, I got to thinking about him.  "I really need to show it to the kids," I thought.  "It's REAL LIFE!  There are so many starving out there and the poor children that go to bed each night hungry!"  This gripped Matthew's heart when he saw that picture!  He literally talked about "the little boy" for days.  He asked how much it would cost to feed him.  He wondered if he knew Jesus or had a family.  When we say our bedtime prayers, he requests to pray for him a lot.  I don't know where this boy is from ... Haiti or Africa I suppose?.!  Matthew really wants to give money to "the little boy" and even has a card and picture he drew for him.  We believe that God will somehow finds this "little boy" out in that big world and be sure that he gets Matthew's 7 dollars and card!  Today, we will send this card off to Christian Aid and hope "the little boy" gets it!)

We will be doing this this afternoon.  I think it's a great idea!  There are so many hurting and needy around us, if we just take a moment and look.  The kids will giving some of their money and then Mike and I will too.  I am anxious to see what their thoughts will be will doing this.  (Of course, Mommy has something for each person, so we will not be leaving without some sort of gift.  Spoiled!) 

I love this song, so enjoy it.  Now I am off for a run before eating all the sweets and heavy foods for today!

Happy Christmas Eve!!!