Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shop till you drop!!!

I don't ever remember doing so much shopping so close together.?.  I have only a few times went shopping on Black Friday and this year was one.  We always have a day out shopping, laughing, and hanging out with my mom and sisters.  We did that last week.  We then always have a day of shopping with my in - laws and that happened yesterday.

We started with shopping Target and then the Kohl's and Ross strip!  I love browsing these stores!  Mom in law treated us to Applebees and then we headed for Park City.  The only thing I needed there were some gift cards, so I bought them and then sat down with a Cinnamon Holiday Coffee and watched people.  On our way home we shopped Costco yet and when I got home, I was glad.  It was such a fun day and laughing at our "UNDIE", it was a blast.  (Anna Ruth had a coupon for American Eagle.  She asked that if I want it and gave it to me.  I needed to get a gift card for there, so I took the coupon with me.  I asked her, "What is an UNDIE?"  We thought for a little and then started laughing.  I pronounced the word un die.  The coupon was a free undie while supplies last!  Undie = underwear!  I was glad for a new pair!!!  Ha!)

Thanks to my mom again for watching Ashlyn and caring the kids till I got back home!  You are the best!

Before all these shopping trips, I made a list of all our Christmas names we picked.  The people we want to bless with a gift this holiday season.  Teachers gifts.  Neighbors. Etc.....  On these days out, I decided to shop and have a blast in between.  I've been crossing off my list AND finding some deals that I normally wouldn't find.  I love the clearance sections in stores and if you go to the same stores with both families, I got to really search and seek those racks.  I have found clothes for Ashlyn that she will wear this winter on vacation and next summer.  I have found a new green top for $3.80 that was originally marked $38.00!  I love finding those prices!

My list is almost all crossed off!!!  Mike and I are still contemplating about our kids gifts.  That will have to wait till we get a date night together and decide!

It's been so much fun observing all the holiday decor in the shops!  All the glitter, the reds, the music playing, the coffee shops with long lines and the smell of fresh greens!  Excitement!  Hustle bustle!

Now today, it's a day at home!  (I love days at home too!)  I want to stuff envelopes with cards, fold some laundry, and clean up the house from the weekend. 

I was sitting on the recliner this morning after the kids left for school and did some Bible Study homework.  It feels so good to soak in scripture and study.  I never want the most important holiday of the year, to go flying by and not read and think of the birth of Christ!

I was also listening to the radio awhile later and heard some great remarks that I quick wrote down.  The one was, "You always showed us that people are more important than things."  This was a daughter telling her dad through a letter that she appreciated how her parents showed this saying through and through.  I sat there and thought, "Wow.  Do I portray that to my kids?  I like stuff."  Sigh.  I need to work on this area.  I would love if our children could say that to me when they grow up!  I need to just let it go when my "Joseph" in my nativity scene doesn't have a staff to hold anymore!  Matthew was playing with it and now it's lost.  I am hoping to find it yet, and seeing Joseph stand there without a staff isn't all that bad!  I also think it's so cool when mom's use their best china and plates for their own kids and not just for guest!  Just a thought ....!

The second thing I quick jotted down was, "Start with the end in mind."  When we are trying to raise our children in an ungodly world ... think of the end in mind.  Eternity.  Not good grades, good behavior, and good appearances.  Those are important but not more important than souls.  Teach and preach and disciple through Jesus!  Make eternal destinations the highest importance in life!  A challenge!!!

Well, have a good day and I hear that baby is awake from her morning nap.  Off to love and care for her today!  (A praise report ... Ashlyn's cough is better!  Gone!  Thank you Jesus!)