Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beach Trip ... with church friends!!!

I do not know how many years this beach trip has been scheduled on my calendar year after year?  I guess I could look back at all my yearly painer books but I will instead take a guess.  5?  Maybe, more???  The amount of years dosen't really make an important statement but this does ... BEACH, SAND, WATER, LAUGHTER & CHURCH LADIES!!!

There is a group of us ladies from church that do our same routine every June.  Some ladies leave after church Sunday afternoon.  The rest of us leave early Monday morning.  We all stay till Tuesday night.  I have always waited to leave till Monday.  We meet early and then stop for a hearty breakfast when we are just about at our distanation.  Bob Evans seems to be our fav!

We packed up our luggage and five of us ladies chatted while we drove south.  As we were loading up our suitcases, I remembered that I forgot to pack in my running shoes.  Oh NO.  I must have them!  I was wanting to enjoy the sunshine and beach sounds while running!  Mike met me half way and then we were off to get a small tire leak plugged.  (Thanks again, Dave!)  Goodness, with all our little stops we were ready to hit the road!  Kathy suddenly couldn't find her water bottle and so we swung back for that in her vechile!  :)

Rehobeth Beach signs were exciting to see!!!  The weather didn't look real promising so we turned on the radio.  Not kidding, listening for about ONE minute, the weather came on and said something like this, "If you are going to the beach today ... it is NOT a good day to go.  Winds, Thunderstorms and a chance of Tornadoes."  We laughed and looked at each other with total disbelief.  We figured the Christian station wasn't lying or joking, but it seemed funny to us.  No turning back ... we arrived after some rain drops and clouds but it was warm and partly sunny.

We settled on the beach and relaxed.  Then the unbelief came true.  The wind picked up.  Clouds started to look ugly.  Soon the life guards made everyone come out of the water and off the beach.  After just putting on some lotion, we were packing up our towels and walking toward the boardwalk.  Some went shopping and some of us went back to the motel and enjoyed the sun which did keep peaking out inbetween the rain showers and lightening. 

We had a gorgeous late afternoon and evening!!!  Thanks, God!!!!  Suz, Sadie and I went for a 2 mile run.  We worked up some appitite!  We ate at our usual all time favorite restaurant "BIG FISH".  The food is wonderfullllllll!!!  Then we walked the streets and shopped again and laughed and chatted and laughed and hung out!!!  Wonderful friendships and 'time off for mom' time!

We all relaxed and watched a movie late into the night.  It always seems a bit strange for me to just 'go to bed' and not tuck any kids in bed or kiss my husband good night.

The next morning we woke up to bright sunshine and ladies were going for runs and walks!!!  What a blessing!!!  I went for another 2 mile run alone.  I ran the boardwalk and passed many, many other runners.  I just love that morning sun shining on my sweating body.  Something about that seems so healthy!  :)

The whole day on the beach was warm and gorgeous.  Not a cloud.  Not a drop of rain.  Only sun rays and fun!  I love this group of ladies and so when it was time to wrap up our belongings, it's a bit sad that the trip is ending so fast.

We all grab some last minute candy's for our kids and baby sitters and then back home we go!!!

Thanks so much ladies for the fun trip!  Thanks Naomi for always planning this fun event!!!!  Thanks too to my babysitters!  Jody, Mike and Angie and of course our dog sitter - Sadie!  Thank you for making this trip available for me to enjoy!

If you need a break ... grab some girlfriends and head to the beach!!!  You will love it!!!

////////////////

Rehobeth Beach!!!  Those blue skies and waves are creations from our almighty God!!!
 I only had my phone for picture taking.  This is cool.

 Our lodging and foods ... that is one piece of peanut butter pie!!!  Huge and awesome!  (No, I did not eat it all myself.  I actually have a big piece yet in the fridge!!!)

 Had to take a picture of the Grotto Pizza sign for my mom.  I love their Greek Salad.  My mom loves this restaurant and enjoys their pizza.  Thin crust and delicous!!!  (Let's go sometime mom! : ) )

Thanks ladies for the great trip!!!  I treasure our friendships so much!!!  Now, it's great to be back home with my family!  Today is Mike's birthday!  I need to come up with a birthday supper treat for tonight!!!  I love my man!!!  Happy Birthday, Hun!!!  I love you!!!