Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ready for the weekend/heat?

This week has been packed full of events.  Lot's of friends.  Lot's of fun!  The beginning of no school days and the start of summer vacation!  Friends and late nights.

Why is it when I am asked to babysit some kids, that that's when another person calls and asks me to watch their kids too?  I don't keep track, or don't care, but it's amusing.

The beginning of our week was spent a lot with the Riehl cousins.  Just can't get enough time with them when they only come for a week. :)

Then on Wednesday, we went to my mom's for the day and canned a bunch of meatballs!  They look great!  An easy supper of meatball sandwiches or a quick add in with homemade spaghetti!!!  The kids had a blast with Jody's kids in the creek, jumping on the trampoline, and shelling peas.

Thursday, it was my turn to clean my dad's shop, so Ashlyn and Matthew stayed with Jody while Hadassah and Ryan went along to help and mow the shop yard.  More cousin time!  We got back home and after some lunch, Jody's kids came over for some "sprinkler fun".  School is out now and the kids are aching to get wet!  It was a nice afternoon and so running through the sprinkle of water was perfect!

Yesterday, Kiersten and Jaydan came over for the whole day.  The girls had no problem thinking and coming up with fun things to play and do.  They dressed up, combed hair, ate snacks, painted their toe nails 'in art style', and laughed.  The boys hit balls ... lots of them.  Played catch.  Ate 3 Popsicles each!  Played Lego's.  Then at 3:00, sister in law Linda called and asked if I can watch her two oldest while she takes Sophia to Quick Care.  She fell and needed to get a splint on her leg!  :(  They mixed right in with the other children!  They are so easy to watch and babysit!  (Hope your broken leg heals up fast Soph!!!)

I made supper and the kids chowed down.  By 6:30 PM, our house was back to just our family.  Mike and Matthew hit golf balls in the back yard.  I tried to take a hard swing with Mike's driver club, but it didn't go very far!  At least I tried!  Hadassah and I threw some frisbee.  This is something else that I am not very good at!  Practice makes perfect, right?  I had Hadassah running all over the lawn!  Sorry!  Ashlyn and I then drank some hot tea on the porch swing and watched the kids hang out with daddy!  Ginger loved the fun too!

As the sun was setting, we saw a rainbow in the sky.  No rain at our house.  Clear, blue, nice skies.  Guessing the rain wasn't far off though?.  Mike and Matthew started up a good campfire!  We ended the evening watching the glow of the fire and catching fire flies!  Roasting the really big marshmallows and sandwiching them between chocolate and graham crackers seemed to be the perfect fit for the kids snack! 

This was the first night we noticed these little flies!  (Talk about flies ... we have so many regular flies around our house!  Yesterday, I was thinking of how it must of been for the Egyptians when they had the plague of flies.  I was around here swatting flies and thinking, "Let my people go!!!"  So annoying!)

The night air got chilled.  We all snuggled in for a late night movie!  Toy Story 2 was the pick.  Sometime during the movie we all feel asleep.  What a wonderful blessing to be able to hang out with hubby and kiddos!!!  Love these memories in my life right now!!!

The weekend looks relaxing.  The heat is to increase every day, so we might have to close up the windows and turn the AC on again.?.  I personally love it when the windows are open and you wake up in the morning hearing the birds chirping in the back yard trees!  However, I appreciate the airconditioner too when the tempts get too warm and it's humid!  Mike is working all day and so it's me and the kids again.  I have a hunch that we might visit Rita's or do something "cool".  No pun intended!  :)

Enjoy your weekend!  Have a blast.  Imbrace the moment.  Love lots!