Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer at it's best ...

Sun ... Hot ... Water ... Pool ... Good Food ... = SUMMER

We are so enjoying our summer!  More than I ever remember.  Diffently better with a toddler and not an infant like last year.  Ashlyn loves the pool water and loves it outside.  I adore her little tan that she can even get through all that baby 50 block!!!  Amazing!

We have been at the pool yesterday and and the day before.  Maybe even today???  Smile!  I am enjoying the weather, the kids, and the friends that invite us to their pools!!!  Never turn that down, right?  Thanks Annie and Marlene!!! 





Wednesday was Mike's 35th Birthday!!!  I didn't remember it was his birthday first thing, but while I was brewing him a cup of coffee before work, it's then that I remembered.  I served his coffee 'just the way he loves it' ... good coffee, topped with a big pile of whipped cream, and then swirled with caremel syrup on top!!!  I gave it to him and said, "Happy Birthday."  I was so glad I remembered before he was off to work!!!  As he walked out the back door, I said, "I hope others remember it's your birthday today too."  His comment back was, "Don't worry ... I will tell them!"  :)

That's one thing that I love about my man!!!  He's got this awesome sense of humor!!!  He did let other's know it was his birthday by sending all his close friends texts!  He takes all the gifts he gets with pride!  Don't get the wrong picture here ... he's not a prideful person or gready!  He just loves to be recongnized!  Some would care less to have a birthday celebration and others knowing about it.  Some want EVERYONE to remember and comment!

I asked him for a special birthday supper request and he asked me to make "Tomato Basil Pizza".  This is one of our favorite foods in the summer.  Homegrown tomatoes is the absolute must ingredient!  I made the pizza and we celebrated with a small chocolate cake for dessert.  (Thanks to a local bakery!!!) 


Dough:  1 Tb. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cup flour
1 cup kyrol flour or bread flour

Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.  Add salt and oil and mix well.  Add flour and let rise for 15 minutes.  Spread out onto 1 round pizza pan. 

Heat oven to 375.  Spread 1 cup mozzarella cheese on the unbaked pizza dough.  Mix 1 another cup of mozzerella and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese together with 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tb. basil leaves and 1 garlic clove minced.  Slice 4 tomatoes and lay on top of mozzarella dough.  Spread on top your mayonniase mixture.  Bake for 25 minutes or until dough is completely baked through.  Yummy!!!  Yield:  1 pizza


________________________________________

The instant Mike walks in the door from a day of work, Aslyn is demanding all his love and hugs and kisses and then ... to the swing!  She loves it outside and especially with Daddy!!!  She just started sitting on the one end by herself.  Big stuff!!!  :)



 The others join in on the fun too!!!

 
_________________________________
If you plant a Zucchini Plant it seems you have plenty to go around!!!  They are in season right now and because I planted an eggplant and not zucchini, I have my sister and cousin that are supplying us with this wonderful veggie.  Making a bread out of zucchini is delicous.  Slice it and spread a thin (or thick :) ) layer of cream cheese on it and enjoy.

Zucchini Bread

2 1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 T. Vanilla
1 cup oil
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamin

Bake at 325 for 1 hour!!!  Yield:  2 loaves