Friday, June 22, 2012

Corn on the Cob!!!

Our family favorite vegetable is ready for eating!  SWeeT CoRn!!! 

Today was the first I seen a nearby road side stand with fresh corn on their sign.  I just had to stop and get some because corn on the cob is one of the kids favorite vegetables on the dinner table.  I am not sure if it's the taste or the experience that is so great!?!  They take a cob and drench it in butter.  Sprinkle lots of salt on top.  Smile and enjoy!!!

Ashlyn seemed to really enjoy it too.  Last week, we ate at Chilies while Mike was in Nic.  The kids ordered corn on the cob as their vegetable.  (Don't fool yourself ... the local corn is way much better!!! :) )  Ashlyn just wanted Matthew's at the restaurant.  So today, when she seen the corn in the sink while I cleaned off the husks, she was crying for some.  NOW!  She waited ... but it was tough.  She took a hold of it like a pro and ate it off really good!!!

Hadassah is off to a sleep over/birthday party tonight so she didn't get this treat yet.  Next week!!!





There are so many yummy foods in our area right now.  When I stop at local road side stands, I want everything!  Zucchini, squash, blueberries, beets, asparagus, green beans ... plus more!!!  Last night I cooked some green beans.  (Lucky there were some left!  The kids love these raw!)  Nothing beats fresh, local fruits and veggies!!!  Tonight, I made with our corn, a zucchini pizza casserole.  Another delicious dish and plenty left for tomorrow too! 

I am so blessed to have these fresh foods at my finger tips!!!  Be thankful!!!