Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Marshmallow Popcorn Balls!

There are some food blogs I follow.  There is one that is my favorite!  I love her simple style of food and it's always a huge plus if the pictures are great too!  Her pictures are fabulous!  Her photo's just seem to make the food look like you can't resist it!  Some recipes you just gotta try!

Well, the other day she posted these little marshmallow popcorn balls!  I seen the same idea done already in the shape of Christmas ornaments but these looked so cute and fun to make!  We helped family move up from Florida on Saturday, so I figured a little snack for the boys and kids would be a good idea to take along!

It's so simple you almost have to check the recipe a few times to make sure your not missing something! 

You need:
4 Tb. butter
10 oz. bag of marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
12 cup popcorn (I used two bags of kettle corn!)
Sprinkles for decoration

Melt the butter and add the marshmallows, vanilla and salt.  When it's all melted pour it over your popped popcorn and stir.  With buttered hands, shape into balls and sprinkle with your decorations.  Stick a stick down the center of each ball.  Cool and enjoy!
.....................................................

Melting my marshmallows, vanilla and salt.


Popped popcorn ...


Form into balls and sprinkle with sprinkles.  Insert a candy stick in each ball.


The final product ...


Ashlyn loved the sprinkles!  :)


My first bite was like this ... OK they are cuter than they actually taste.  I don't think I left them set long enough because the popcorn was still soft from the marshmallow and tasted stale.?.  I tried one the next day and it tasted better!  The kids enjoyed them!

Getting these candy sticks out from my cupboard reminded me of our carmel apples we did last year.  Maybe we will have to do them again!?!  So yummy!!!

Autumn splendor!  So blissful!