Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcakes again ...

If you would look back into my past blog fall journals, you will find that I posted this recipe before.  I think these PUMPKIN CUPCAKES are worth repeating. 

The recipe is really quit simple.  You will need:
 
1 Spice Cake Mix
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 15 oz. Can of Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Oil
3 Eggs
 
* Mix these five ingredients together and scoop into 24 paper lined cupcake papers. 
Bake at 350 for 22 minutes.  Cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then remove the cupcakes 
and place on a rack till completely cooled.
 
Frosting:
1 pk. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/4 Cup soft Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 - 4 cups 10X Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
 
* Beat your cream cheese, butter and vanilla till fluffy.  Slowly add the powered sugar and cinnamon.  Frost your completely cooled cupcakes.  Store in the refrigerator.
 
Yield: 24 Cupcakes

I love to hear the kids rave when they smell and taste these little cakes.  These make the best little desserts for their lunches! 

Go ahead to try them!  It is pumpkin season ... enjoy it!!!  Indulge!

Cooling ...

Frosted and being ready to be eaten ...

Mike wasn't home till later in the evening last night.  His supper and cupcake was waiting for him when he got home!

 
...................................................
 
It's been raining all day and that caused Matthew's field trip to be canceled for today.  I was going to be a chaperon and enjoy the day out with him and his classmates.  That will now have to be rescheduled.  Instead, Ashlyn and I hung out inside, in our pj's, and did some more housecleaning.  (Well, I was doing the cleaning and she was being my sweet toddler company.)  My main floor is now cleaned thoroughly!  The basement will have to wait for another day, rainy day, or for that strong urge to clean to rise, or maybe even for a snowy day?!!

The crock pot is hot with chicken cooking inside of it.  The smell in my house is this chicken aroma mixed with ranch and bacon.  I am also enjoying my favorite candle smell of "Cinnamon Cider"! 

I will be so pleased to serve my family dinner tonight and especially happy to be offering the yummy pumpkin cupcakes for dessert!

Blessings ........................