Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spaghetti in hot dogs ...

I love searching the web but just don't get the time for it too much.  Recently though, I have been on Pinterest somewhat just admiring all the fall ideas and fun things to do.  I looked then of course looked at some food fun and this caught my eye. 

I seen this on one of the pages and I thought, "Oh my goodness.  My kids would get a huge kick out of this!  I gotta try it!"

Last night was our Secret Sister Banquet with all the ladies from our church.  It was a supper and fun night out with just girls, so I thought it would be perfect to try this fun food for my family who was staying at home!

It's easy.  It's fast.  It looks crazy.  It tasted good to my kiddoes!

Take a hot dog and cut it into three pieces. 

Then take a few spaghetti sticks and push it though the center of the hot dog till it comes out the other side.  Do this to as many hot dog pieces you need to feed your family! 

Boil the hot dog/spaghetti pieces in water for about 10 minutes or until the spaghetti is soft and the hot dogs are fully cooked! 

Dish them out on a serving dish and enjoy!






I just knew Matthew would be all into this meal!  Ashlyn too!  Hadassah likes hot dogs but is the most mature with excitement about a hot dog supper!!!  :)  The kids enjoyed the meal with some vegetables on the side.  Mike enjoyed his meatball sandwich and veggies while I got to go eat out with the ladies!!!  What a trade!!!!

Be inspired to try different, crazy foods!  If you have an idea that is fun and crazy, please comment and share with me!  I would love to know of some more!!!