Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A day with sisters and mom!

Spending a day with sisters and mom is ALWAYS a good time!  We just don't do it near often enough!!!  We have never have a certain day of the week or month that we gather ... no, but when the opportunity arises, we go for it!

I have been thinking all winter that I want to make a day trip and go visit some fun stores I haven't been at ever or for a long time.  Yesterday, I woke up with that in mind.  I called mom and asked if she was into going with me to Wegmans.  It's a huge grocery store that I've heard a lot about but never was there to witness it myself.  I had other stores in mind to stop at too.  Mom said she was into doing that.  So, I called sister Jody too and she was a thumbs up!  We kept the phone calls rolling and Fannie Lynn jumped on board!  :)  (Sorry, Mindy.  Those random calls come sometimes on working days too.  Bummer.)

We set out for Produce Junction to be our first fun stop.  It's a place of flowers, shrubs and like the title says ... produce.  I love a place like this.  Good stuff at a much cheaper price!!!  I bought two shrubs for my front porch for only $18 a piece!!!

Then we stopped at a clothing store.  Found a pair of casual shoes for $10!

Panera Bread was the most voted for us to eat our lunch.  Their soup and sandwiches are tops!!!  We were surprised to see sister-in-law Rosie and Bobo walk in too.  That was a nice surprise.  :)  Small world sometimes!

We were hoping to do HomeGoods and Wegman's yet, but the time was getting away from us too fast.  We opted to skip the HomeGoods and go for the groceries since I was never there before.  I like my routines and so entering into a big store ... not knowing where I want to go next ... was a bit overwhelming.  Plus I had two little girls in my cart that sent my tiny tomatoes rolling all over the store.  :/  Sigh.  The experience was nice though.  Maybe I'll go back again?  Alone!  :)

We hurried back to be home in time for the school children.  Then it was supper and off to ballgames after that.  Ball season officially started for us as a family.  I love ballgames ... but not when we are rushed through supper and out the door 30 minutes later.  I hope this gets better.  Sometimes it takes a little time to get into our rhythm!  :)  Mike is not playing ball this year but is coaching a team.  I hope he has a fun time doing this.  New adventures are sure to bring some thrills!  Matthew, however, is playing little league and he too had his first practice this week.  I can't wait to go watch him play the sport is likes best!!!

Well, today will be another day for more weed pulling (yep, it's an never ending battle around this place)!  We will be ready for mulch real soon!

Thanks sisters and mom for hanging out yesterday!  You are such blessings!  We know that it's those last minute outings that seem to be such fun!  :)