Monday, April 15, 2013

Random thoughts ...

Our weekend was great!

Friday after school, the kids and I went to the shop to have supper with Mike over at the "Customer Appreciation Days".  We opted to go with BBQ Chicken, ham and cheese sandwich and a sausage sandwich.  The air was chilled and it felt good to jump in the van and head home.  We all got showered and into our pj's when Ben's showed up at 8:30!  We were all excited for some hanging out but by 11:30 PM, we were ready for some good sleeping!  The kids always have so much fun together and it seems to be tradition to pop popcorn when they come!  So, we did again!  Thanks for coming guys!

We woke up bright and early ... even though we had a late night the night before.  Yard saleing season is beginning for me and I just love getting out and about and seeing what's for sale.  For cheap.  For a good time!  For deals!

The three children and I went to a development nearby.  It was fun going from one home to the next.  I was so pleased to buy a Pampered Chef large white platter for only $3!  (I have used it three times already!!!  The ribs we warmed up and chicken wings ... I just dumped it on my huge platter and we dug in for good eating!  My salad looked totally awesome too layered with fresh greens and veggies for Sunday nights supper!)  I also boosted my wardrobe for $6 at a home where they had name brand clothing!  $1 a piece!  Love that!  I refuse to pay ex amount of dollars for name brand things when I know I can find them much cheaper if I am patient!  Bingo!  Hadassah found an Ice Age movie that we bought.  They get the biggest kick out of that series.  I remember when Mike and I watched the first one on a date night a few years ago.  After the movie was over we both sat there and laughed.  It was the one of the stupidest movies we watched ... so we thought.  Now we are actually watching them again with the kids and being entertained!  :)

We got back home to refresh a bit before heading back for more Customer Appreciation Day action.  I needed to get more food supplies that we served to the folks interested in sheds.  Mike also had set up a small stand for Hadassah, Matthew and Tyler to do face painting and try to get some funds for the TAT fundraiser next week!  We got a few responses ... but nothing too amazing!

By the time we all got back home and washed off all the excess face paint that seemed to be on the arms, face and neck, I was exhausted!!!  Ashlyn and I took a nap!  I woke up thinking that if I mowed the lawn yet, it would look so nice!  It had clumps here and there of green growth!  The yards look so nice and lush right now during this Spring time!

Mike came home exhausted too!  I knew better than to expect too much out of him when he gets home.  House chores for "my hubby" will have to wait! 

At 5:15, Hadassah and Matthew and I went for market leftovers.  It's a new thing I guess for me.  There are two local homes - that I like - who display all the market leftover foods.  Produce, homemade cookies and breads, salads, etc..  Most things are for $1!

The kids like to go along and grab some goodies they see.  Hadassah got a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread and cookies.  Matthew grabbed some pumpkin whoopies.  I bought some lettuce, veggies, Cajun Wings, Mushrooms and BBQ Ribs.  We had a tasty meal ready when we returned home with Mike and Ashlyn. 

Sunday, we went to church.  Home for lunch and Hadassah brought along home a friend.  Her and Barb played all afternoon.  Dressing up and acting like big girls. :)

Dave and Suz invited us for an early supper and then us adults went to evening service and then returned back for the kids and more snacks.  Thanks to our friends for always having a great time!  Thanks Dave's for opening up your home once again for us to hang out!