Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter post #2 ~

Easter parties and gatherings are over for us.  Too bad.  Getting together with friends and family is ALWAYS a good time!

Saturday was sunny!  I love it when the sun shines bright.  It lifts my spirit and reassures me that Spring weather will show up one of these days!  :)  This day was also Ashlyn's birthday.  She's two now!  She's been fighting a belly bug ALL week and I am ready to start this week afresh!  No more flu bugs or sicknesses!  Please!  It was sad to not let her have sweets or a piece of cake on her birthday, but we knew it was the best for her stomach!  And butt ... major poops!

Saturday, was also the first day of trout!  Next to his birthday and Christmas ... I think this might be the day to look most forwards to for Matthew!  :)  He loves to fish and he knew that the morning out with his daddy and new fishing gear was going to be a dream come true!  Mike and Matthew went to Cabelas on Thursday night and bought him some good fishing gear.  He was so proud of his rod and new vest!  (Thanks Hun for taking Matthew!  He loved the fishing and time together!)  He was up at 5:30 AM, came over to our bed and asked if it's time to get up yet?  Mike told him to go get his phone and when it's 6:00, to come and wake him.  No problem!  If it's true that the early bird gets the worm ... Matthew was going to get it!  Fishing with his daddy, Uncle Matt and friend Jaydon was great!  Matthew caught five fish!  They are filleted and in the freezer for a yummy sandwich sometime!  :)




I wished to take Ashlyn to see some animals or do something fun on her birthday, but her stomach bug kept us at home Saturday evening. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sunday was NOT a day of rest ... for me.  Not my preference at all!  We dropped the kids off at Mike's parents while Mike and I went to church to help with our fellowship lunch served after our communion service.  We tried to stick to a simple meal, but it still takes time to set up for 300 plus people!  We had communion and again ... I don't like missing out on a communion message but we were preparing food for lunch.  Taking part in the communion was good though!  A reminder to me how Christ gave his blood and body for the taking away of all the sins in my life.

Mike's parents dropped off the kids at church.  (Yes, in their horse and buggy!  Kids liked that!  :)  ).  They had plans for lunch, and since we were preparing lunch here at church, our kids joined us at church!  Ashlyn wasn't there long and we could tell she was miserable!  Mike left early and came home with her.  They spent the whole afternoon sleeping and relaxing and changing pampers.  When the other two kids, ShaLyn and I returned home at 2, Ashlyn woke up not happy!  She was having one poop after the next.  I called the doctor and asked what he recommends.  Pedialite.  Mike was out the door to get some! 

My family had planned to get together at Tony's for 6:00 supper.  I said I would bring the ham, since we were given one over the holidays and had it in the freezer.  It turned out to be very yummy!  I took my bone-in ham and cut slits in it and then pushed whole cloves into the meat.  I placed it in my large miracle dish.  Baked it for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.  Meanwhile, I simmered 3 cups of brown sugar, a 1/2 cup of mustard, 3 Tb. apple cider vinegar and 1 can of Coke!  I simmered that for 20 minutes and then cooled it.  It turns into a glaze.  I brushed that over the ham as it cooked for 3 1/2 hours.  The smell was wonderful.  I was so happy to use the recipe from:  thepioneerwoman!  Love her food blog!

At 4:30, things were not looking very promising for us to have a fun night with family.  Ashlyn was relaxed but wasn't sure if it was wise to take her out.?.  I called Jody and said that I would just send Mike and the older kids up with the ham.  I was staying home with Ashlyn.  She said I should come.  (Thanks.  The night was fun!!!)  I quick showered and we went and had a great time.  Good food and fun "Panic" game!  Ashlyn did great!  She got birthday gifts and loved playing with the girls!  Thanks again Tony's for hosting us!  You guys are such a blessing!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Monday, the kids didn't have school.  It was a day of lots of laundry ... again.  I kept saying all weekend that I am so thankful for my washer and dryer!  With Ashlyn pooping so much, I was washing constantly!  Getting rid of the germs too!!!  After a nap and rest for Ashlyn and I, the kids and I went to pet and see some animals that I was hoping to do on Saturday for Ashlyn's birthday.  They loved it!  The weather was still windy and chilly, so we made it a quick stop.  We will be going back for more petting and some ice cream on a warmer day!  :)

Pizza and soup was ready for the whole LAPP family, Monday evening at 5.  Our last Easter gathering.  Mom ordered pizza and it was a good idea.  The kids liked that!  :)  We had quite a spread of pizza, pickles and deviled eggs, shrimp appetizer and soup.  Then we finished off the meal with cupcakes, cheesecake, fresh, yummy fruit salad, key lime pie and coffee! 

After the meal, Mommy Lapp hid the kids each a basket and they went out for a basket hunt.  They have been looking so forwards to being with all their cousins and then finding their baskets!  The whole night was fun except that I wish Ashlyn would not have been so whiny!  By 8:00, she was ready for her bed and rest!  Me too.  :)

The cousin bunch!!!  I had my large lens on and so the get everyone was bit a tight!  :) 
 Finding her basket!

 More candy ....
 Ashlyn's birthday cupcakes I made for our dessert!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Easter Parties and gatherings are over and now all the left over candy is at a discounted price in the stores!  :)

We are back to having a normal Tuesday ... April 2.

April ... bring it on!  We like the yard sales and warm weather and flowers and sunshine and outside work and fresh air and birds chirping and seeing the buds bloom on the trees!  Yep, all of that!!! 

Thankfully, Ashlyn is feeling better!  No more diarrhea!  Praise the Lord!

Have a great week!  Got to get to my house cleaning projects!  Spring did come and now it's time and clean house!