Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"My Calendar" ...

What does your calendar do for you?

Is it filled with events and upcoming activities?  Or is it a place where you write a short journal of what already happened?

It's all of that and plus for me!  "My calendar" is my 'go to' when I have appointments, events or reminders.  I use it every single day!  (Well, a few weeks ago, I thought in the morning that I didn't have anything on "my calendar" today and so I didn't bother to open it up and look.  Later that afternoon, I suddenly went running to "my calendar" and sure enough ... I forgot to go and help Matthew's class do a painting project I was looking forwards to helping with.  I felt bad for not showing up and forgetting but more I felt left out because I really wanted to help with this project.  Bummer.)  That's why I keep my life schedule in "my calendar".  This might sound like it runs my life and in a sort of truth it does.  When I have something I need to do on a certain day, it gets written down and then most times remembered!!!  :)

For example, this morning I had written down that the kids get pizza lunch at school today.  No need to pack a lunch but just send with them a snack. 

"My calendar" is something I started 12 years ago when we got married.  Not just having my schedule to care or think about but also Mike's appointments and events, it was my solution to a much smoother way of remembering!  Now with children in our lives too, it is sooo helpful. 

I used to use it as a journal too but now for the past 4 years or so, I also keep a private journal.  This is something I do daily and write down any memories of that day, any fun things we did, or any cute quotes the kids say.  Way too many times I think, "Oh, I've got to remember that one!" but then if I don't write it down in my journal, I forget what they said.  "My calendar" and journal work hand in hand!

"My calendar" is also VERY helpful when I scrapbook.  Since I can't ever seem to catch up on scrap booking and always have pictures from seasons ago to crop, it's much easier to remember when the events actually happened because I have them jotted down in "my calendar".  This blog has also been a tremendous help with the details and my thoughts that I might decide to also put in my albums.

I would never want to do without "my calendar" and I know that May is usually the month with so many notes and reminders written all over the pages.  School is in the last quarter and so with all the last activities, parties, field trips, track-n-field, plus lots more ... I don't need to fear I will forget a single thing!  It's all written in "my calendar".  :)))

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It feels so good this morning with knowing that the school fundraiser we helped with yesterday is now over.  It feels good knowing that the weather is saying 70 degrees today.  That alone energizes me.  My outside needs some working at again and I hope to spend my afternoon out in the warmth. 

I also have been waiting for a warmer day to work in the attic.  I plan to have a yard sale on Saturday and I have tons of clothing from when Hadassah and Matthew were small that I plan to go through and sell what I don't want anymore.  Today, will be a 'yard sale preparation day' for me.  It feels good to be going through my 'not needed anymore' items and put them in the small trailer that's setting in our driveway.  I would much rather, much rather, be out going to yard sales and not one having a yard sale but sometimes things seem to build up and I want to get rid of them.  "One persons junk is another persons treasures!"  I hope someone will find my things as treasures too!  :)))

My coffee cup is all but empty and if I drink the last sip it will be cold.  I'm off to doing more laundry and then love on my toddler when she wakes up and then get to my yard sale things and go outdoors! 

I hope you have a lovely day and I am looking forwards to having a cold glass of meadow tea on my lunch break!  We are enjoying this summer drink!  Also, it tickles me that my supper is already planned out!  I said to Mike last night that I should make chicken salad from our left over chicken I made for our supper.  Now, the tickling is that when I checked a favorite food blog this morning, she posted a pineapple chicken salad recipe.  I might just try it tonight!  Perfect!!!

I feel blessed today!  God is good all the time and all the time God is good!