Monday, January 7, 2019

First week of January down.

 
 
It's already January 7, 2019, which means we are one full week down in this New Year!!!  It felt so good to send the children back to school and get into our normal routine again!!! 
 
 
We had a weekend of games and it was fun!  Friday night we finally went over to Mom Lapps to play our first Settlers games for the winter season!  We went through the entire Christmas season without playing this once!  I was ready to play again but Mike is still dragging his feet.  I think he's Settlers playing days are over.  He just can't get into it and have fun ever since Dad Lapp is not here to help us.  I love Mike's competition in the game and really wish he would want to keep playing but it's OK.  I still had a good night of games and it was fun to be at Mom's again for the evening.  We also went to Dave and Suz on Saturday night for the men to play Acquire.  I've not started with this game yet and so it was men only.  The guys play the game while the ladies sit and talk and drink coffee and try to keep the house from being all torn up from the kids!!!  :)))  I was disappointed when I heard this thud in the bathroom!!!  I looked down to see my phone was in the toilet!!!  Thankfully the water was still clean and I grabbed it out, wiped it down and put it in a container of rice.  I'm really hoping it still works!!!  Everything seems fine, except for the sound.  My phone rings but I can't hear the person talking on the other end unless I have my speaker turned on.  It seems like my speaker got drowned out.
 
Saturday I went down to church and took the Christmas wreaths and décor down.  I loved it with the Christmas feel but it now has that brand new look and feels crisp and totally clean!!!
 
I'm also still doing this declutter challenge.  I'm finding myself everyday going from room to room, closet to closet and finding things to rid of.  I went through the kids books. 
 

The game closet was organized and cleaned out.  Why do we have two games of Sorry and Memory???


I then went to the storage room in the basement.  This room has been a mess ever since we redid the house.  There are still picture frames and books and Longaberger Baskets and junk in there!!!  This is my time to clean it out!!!



And here's the junk pile.  All the other things will go to the consignment shop!!!


=======================================================

And this was not the easiest thing we ever did nor was it the hardest!!!  However, I am relieved to say that we ALL have new/updated passports on the way!!!  One of these days/years we want to go traveling with the family!!!  This is my start!!!



======================================================

Looking ahead at our week we've got some basketball games going on!  Volleyball practices!  A night of "back to yesteryears sermons" planned at church!!!  (Mike and I went to both of these events at church and loved them both!!!  I can't wait to see who the next sermon from long ago will be from!!!)  Mike's got a tuxedo fitting scheduled, wedding rehearsal to attend and being Best Man in his best friends wedding coming up!!!!  I've got a hot lunch to serve at school and all the in between household chores to do!!!  This week is looking eventful and fun!!!

Have a blessed week and I'm going to start praying for some snow flurries here one of these days!!!  It's winter and I'm loving all my "not so busy" days!!!!

Happy Monday friends!!!