Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Years Eve.


New Years Eve was spent with a group of church friends in John and Kathy's barn!  It's the perfect spot to have a group party and the kids got to play basketball all night long!!!  We played some fun games and ate yummy foods.  Ashlyn's been begging to get our chocolate fountain out and so I went for some fresh strawberries and fruits and we ate fruits dipped in chocolate for dessert!

We cheered in the New Year of 2019 and got back home after midnight.



Here's a fun list I found on Pinterest.  I like these goals.


Beginning this year of 2019 is off to a good start!!!  I decided to join in on this Declutter Challenge!  January 1, I get rid of one thing that causes clutter.  Day 2, get rid of two things.  And so on.  I hope this will make some free space in the house and in my mind. 


Here's my day one item.

I love the beginning of a new year.  A new start.  A fresh calendar!!!



January 1, 2019:

Normally, I sit down and jot a few goals down bit I didn't do that.  Yet.  Maybe I'll set goals as the year goes by?  For today, it's the Decluttering Challenge.  I do have a few things that come to the top of my head though as I think of this new day, new year, new beginning.  Like that annoying word called Exercise.  Someday I'll nail this!  For real!  Maybe this is my year?  I always want to choose the healthy choice.  Drink more water!  Spend more time praying, reading the scripture and learning what it means to "be still".  Being more frugal with money, time and food.  Plan ahead more.  Enjoy the now and remind myself that "I am living in the good old days!!!"  I think I just jotted down that list.  Ever since the Christmas concert Mike and I went to from For King and Country, their songs have become some of our favorites!  They have a song called "Burn the Ships".  Look it up!  It brought tears to my eyes at eh concert where I heard it for the first time and maybe it will for you to?  A few things pooped into my head instantly as I though of some things in my life that I need to choose to "burn, turn away and don't look back!!!"  With saying this, I am a strong believer of taking those buttons that get pushed in my life, those things that just sink my stomach or start putting worries I m head, taking these things and praying through them and giving them to God!  It's called healing!!!  In 2018, it seemed I had to deal with "things" more than other years.  Maybe it's laying down a bad habit, gossip, negative thoughts and running the other direction … for forever.  In "Burn the Ships" I was reminded that there are things that I need to burn, stop thinking about, pray through it and NOT ignore it and then move on!!!  It's not easy.  It's not usually simple.  But it will bring my word of the 2019 year, "FREEDOM"!!!

I'm excited for 2019!!!