Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Winter has arrived.

As I type and look outside, it's white from the first winter snowfall we got on Saturday night!!!  We got excited to see the snow beginning to fall and there's something so fun in waking up to snow on the ground!!!

When the two youngest woke up Sunday morning, they wanted to go play in the snow!  My parents gave them new snow sleds for Christmas and they slid down our small hill out front.






The snow gave us a delay with church.  It's only in the 20's most of the day.  After church we came home to eat some nachos and Mike went out for a run.  We watched the Eagles game at Uncle John's 60th birthday party later that evening.  Patriots won and Mike's excited to see the Chiefs move on for next weekends games!!!

****************************

Saturday was Allen and Janelle's wedding day!!!  Allen has been Mike's best friend since a little boy!  They have done so, so much together!  Allen works for Mike so they even see each other every day.  Mike was asked to be Best Man and even though I was so excited for him, I was nervous about how I would feel on this day.  Who wants to see your Man with another bridesmaid?  (Truth is that all the groomsmen are also married.  The other wives also sat alone and with friends.)  But it all went fine!!!  Allen and Janelle had a beautiful wedding and I got to sit with great friends and this made the day be so enjoyable even though I wasn't right at Mike's side during the wedding.  I told him later that night that I have a problem!  A jealous problem when I'm not with him!!!  I think this should be a normal response for a married couple madly in love!!!



Mike gave a funny speech!  He is the best story teller!!!



I got to sit beside Allen's Aunt Amanda during the wedding.  She's a sweet lady and she asked me in the reception when I can sit or be with Mike again.  I told her tonight!!!!  :)

Here we are side by side again after the reception!!!  What an honor to be at this wedding!!!!


Congratulations Allen and Janelle!!!


After the wedding we went to pick up the little ones at Matt and Lena and finish watching the Chiefs game!!!  Mike was keeping tabs of the football game during the reception.  I kept showing him the score from my phone!!!  He is very excited to see what the Chiefs will do next weekend!!!

**********************

This is something we do every winter!!!!  I bought a bag of Honey Bell Oranges from Florida the other day at the grocery store and they make the best orange juice!!!  Ashlyn was my juicer!!!




Austin was begging for Popsicles to!  I put frozen strawberries, yogurt and a little water in the blender and pressed the start button.  We poured it in Popsicle molds and here you have it … Strawberry Yogurt Pops!!!  They love these!!!!





 *****************

 I had to take a picture of this because this is how our Sunday afternoons are most weekends.

 
Snacks and gadgets.  Mike and I often read or take naps.  Or watch football.  The kids play and get to enjoy their gadget for some time too.
 
 
***********************
 
I made meatball boats the other night for supper and they were yummy!!!  I love when I find a normal recipe, twist it up a bit and create something different.  Instead of slicing the roll in half, I carved out the center and plopped in two big meatballs and then topped it with provolone cheese.  They were so delicious!!!
 
Thank you Pinterest!
 

And Costco is now carrying our favorite vitamins!!!  Check them out!


************************
 
Decluttering January is going here in this house.  Honestly, when I started this I thought, "Oh, this should be easy!  I'll find enough of stuff to clean out!"  But I'm already finding it hard to choose.  I went through almost the entire house (the garage is next but I'd really like to wait to work out there until it warms up outside.)  I was on a mission as I cleaned out and got rid of way more than 10 things on day 10.  So, I gave it a rest over the weekend and now I want to pick it up again and declutter some more!  Here are my scrap booking things.  I cleaned out the closet that holds all of this stuff last week and even though I didn't throw that many things out, it got a clean up and a going through!!!



Matthew also went through his closet!  He keeps saying he needs clothes and that so many things are too small but when I looked into his closet, I saw clothes.  So, he went through each piece and we now have another stack to take to Fashion Cents!  I took him out to American Eagle yesterday and we bought some new shirts and pants and spent so much $$$ but this kid is growing like crazy and I was happy to spoil him a bit on some new things!  As we were checking out at American Eagle, the cashier said, "Oh, yes.  I remember my mom saying how much he grew in a years time and needed to go shopping for bigger clothes too.  Just wait, the shoes are next!!!"  I laughed and said, "Yep, we are going to Nike next!"  :)))  Matthew grew inches and inches since last year!  He's becoming a young man and all those children clothes stores are now too small for him.  His voice is starting to do funny things and peach fuzz is on his upper lip.  How can this be???

******************************

This is Austin's Stromboli creation!


And this is mine!  :)))



 ***************************

Winter time is here!  I'm happy to be inside our cozy home with lots of sunshine today!!!

It looks like more basketball games this week and I'm excited to watch Hadassah play in her first volleyball tournament this coming weekend!!!  Also, there is more snow in the forecast!!! 

Let is snow!!!!!!!!!!