Monday, October 23, 2023

Fall foods!

I did not plant Roma tomatoes this year but I had two plants come up from seeds of last year.  It gave us so many tomatoes and I decided to roast the last bit in the oven.  I put some olive oil and salt over them and roasted them at 400 for 1 hour.  After cooled, I put them through the blender and it gave us this wonderful, thick tomato paste!  Wonderful!

 


We also have lots and lots of kale in the garden and I made Zuppa Toscana soup.










The Farmhouse Market event that happens each fall in our area is so much fun to walk around, shop the vendors and buy some good food!  We got Skips Fries, a Crepe and a waffle sandwich!  The kids had fun looking around the barns and Austin bought me a christmas gift!



Autumn is the time of year to eat warm soups and wonderful breads!  I love Panarea Breads Autumn Squah soup and I made two loaves of sourdough!  One regular and one with jalapeños!
 



Like I said, it's the time of year to eat soups!  I made a batch of vegetable soup and it's delicious!


We love Gingerbread Biscottis pretty much year around!


And Mike's favorite smell in the fall time is when I simmer apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks and cloves over the kitchen stove!  I thrifted this little white pan and it's perfect to hold my fall scents!


This is it for the garden produce of 2023!  I had lots of sweet peppers still hanging in the garden and so I cut them in strips and canned them in a oil, sugar and vinegar syrup.  They go great with steak sandwiches!



Fresh, warm pumpkin cookies were also baked in the kitchen!  I love that smell of warm cinnamon and cloves!  The kids are gonna love these!





Lot's is happening these days in our world!  The news has war happening in Israel and still in Ukraine.  It makes me sad to see all the wrath and hate that people have.  The Chiefs are winning their football games and the Phillies are making for a run for their money to make it to the World Series.  It's been late nights around here watching these sports!  The leaves are changing and autumn is showing off it's beauty!