Tuesday, October 10, 2023

October. 🍂

 Blink.  It's October!!!  This is the month filled with colorful trees, pumpkin spice, fairs, hunting at the cabin, warm apple crisp and cozy layers on our skin!  I can't believe it's time to flip the calendar page again and I'm bracing myself for the holiday feels because I'm not quiet ready for that just yet!  I hope this month is full of laugher around campfires, warming our bellies with autumn soups and feeling the crisp  air as we wait for the bus to pick up the school children each morning!  There's lots to treasure in the stage of my life right now and I hope to capture it on camera and in my heart!  Autumn, I love you!!!!



My favorite breakfast right now is, pumpkin spice English muffin, toasted and topped with almond butter and sliced apples on the side!  Also, the candle I bought in Arizona is lovely!!!!  The Honeycrisp smell is giving the kitchen the perfect fall vibe!



The last of the radishes and lettuce heads have been harvested from the garden.  It's time to prepare for colder weather and pull out the tender plants.


These Roma tomatoes are pulled out now too.  We've been blessed with lots of tomatoes this season!


October came around and I am now in the New Testament!!!!  And WOW!  It's so good to hear the name of Jesus on the scripture pages!  When Jesus is born and his ministry begins, people are healed, demons are cast out and lives are changed!  I am loving the Bible Recap this year with reading the Bible in chronological order again and it's great to be in the New!!!! 




Fifteen gallons of grape juice has been picked up, jarred and canned!  We love this juice and it's such a good feeling to have the canning shelves restocked!




Autumn is here and the sunlight is gorgeous!  The walks in the park have me wearing layers again and I was happy to grab a breakfast from the Houston Cafe after listening to Ashlyn read a short narrative she wrote at school!



Mommy D. is still in rehab.  She's doing OK but did fall a few times because she thinks she can start doing things on her own.  A simple thing of getting up and trying to go to the bathroom alone, had her fall on the bathroom floor.  It was so good to visit her with Jody along and then Mom and Dad stopped in too!  




We are in the last months of the year and the kids are already thinking about Christmas wishlists.  I'm loving the weather, the fall colors popping out and warm layers!  October you are filled with beauty and I can't wait to watch the leaves turn golden brown and watch the farmers harvest the corn from the fields that surround our home!  You sure are lovely!