Monday, October 2, 2023

Mid - September.

 I just love the month of September but this has been a dry start to our hot month!  Normally, it cools down and the grass is green, green but so far it's been dry and hot!  The garden is still thriving!  I think the key for the cucumbers and other veggies has been watering!  I've been faithfully watering the garden plants and they are looking good!!!!  This is the last of the cucumbers though because it's time to pull out the plants and harvest what's left.  We've eaten a lot of cucumbers all summer and loved it!  Radishes I planted a few weeks ago are ready to eat.  The butter crunch lettuce is ready!  And we still have tomatoes to use!  We only got three good honey crisp apples from our young apple tree this fall but they were juicy and yummy!




My nieces always get creative with Ashlyn and Austin!  I love it!  Here they rode the side by side razor down to the the farmers wheat bales and captured some fun photos!
 

Ashlyn is on the middle school volleyball team and it's been so fun watching them be undefeated so far!



Well, Matthew's high school sports are now complete and he's been wanting to play some hockey but seemed to interfere with basketball a lot last year, so he waited to buy hockey equipment until this year and now he's helping play on Jeremiah's team!  We went to watch a game and I was reminded how freezing cold it is in those rinks!  I loved it and the kids did too!




Mommy D. ... she's my grandma and I love her so much!  She feel and broke her hip a few weeks ago and is now in recovery and rehab to heal her hip!  I love that she likes when I visit her!  She's doing good and is eager to get back home!



It's the season for soups and we had the Lapp family over for a chili over the campfire party!  







I canned one last batch of pickles!  The sunflowers got deheaded and stored for next spring!  I will pull off the seeds in the spring and plant them for more sunflowers!


The Eggplant plant decided to really give us a lot!  The radishes are my favorite and the pea size tomatoes that are really the size of peas is over and beyond out of control.


Zinnias are a fun flower to grow in the garden area and this is the last of them for the summer.



With the many tomatoes, I made some fresh salsa and it's so delicious!  Also, my sister dropped off some Concord grapes for us and they are wonderful!



September is full of end of summer things with a touch of fall!  I love it!