Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Pumpkin Farm.

We took a short drive to our favorite pumpkin farm yesterday and picked out some cute pumpkins!  The kids are growing up and I just know the day might come when they won't want to go with me to buy pumpkins, but I treasure the moments now!  When I stop and think about the sayings like, "We only have eighteen summers with our kids" and then they grow up and become young adults, I stop and watch the children as they pick out some pumpkins!  Or another saying, "There are only ten Mondays every summer" to spend with our kids.  When I step back and remember to be more intentional with the time we have with our children, that gathering pumpkins becomes such a a sweet memory!  We grabbed some big, round, white pumpkins along with some smaller ones and brought them home for our front porch!  The air is much cooler this week and the pumpkins will add some fall decor to our home now that the summer begonia flowers are discarded!  







Autumn is beautiful!  Enjoy this season the good Lord has given to us!


I also printed out this easy scavenger hunt paper for the kids to complete when we came back home.  The weather was nice and sometimes it just takes something this simple to get them outdoors and enjoy nature!