Friday, November 25, 2011

Being thankful on Thanksgiving Day ...

Wow.  I was smiling this morning when I was reflecting on our day yesterday.  Action packed.  Thankful.  Grateful.  Eating roast and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and cooked celery and chocolate and pudding and on and on ...

Yesterday morning, Mike and I started out our day together going on a 3 mile run.  I did this once before and knew I could make the run, but when I had about 3/4 mile to go yet everything inside of me was saying, "Stop and just walk a little."  I did and Mike running right beside of me (he is such an inspiration in running.  He runs like a deer and could go and go and go ... well you get the point) said, "Come on.  Just take smaller steps and have fun."  Oh my word.  I can't believe I can say now that running has become a mind relaxer for me and I do miss it when I don't get it done in my day.  But, going those last few steps were tough.  My knee muscles were so sore but I started running again and finished not far behind Mike!!!  Yes!!!

We sat together on our step and both of us were sweating.  Mike was listening to a song on his iPhone that he liked and so we put it on speaker phone and listened to it together.  It was something about "the boys of summer" and we remembered back a few years ago when we were sitting on the Florida beach on a lifeguard bench and madly in love!!!  We still are madly in love!!!  We showered and got ready for our Thanksgiving dinner and I said to Mike, "I think one day we will say to each other.  Remember when we went jogging together and the kids were young?  Boy, those sure were the good old days!!!"  We live in the good old days right now!

We went to our King Thanksgiving Dinner hungry!  It was such a nice day and so after the meal the men and children played football outside.

Mike's grandparents ... "Daudy and Mommy King"
At 5 PM, we came home and relaxed a bit.  Dad Lapps were waiting for us to come over and play some more settlers!!!  (Yep, we do this a lot.  So much fun!)  Even though I would have loved to stay home and chill, we would never turn down a good settlers game!  I finally won!

At 10 PM, we came home again and I helped tuck baby and Matthew in bed.  Hadassah and I went out to Rockvale and Tanger and shopped till 3:30 AM!!!  I was proud at how well Hadassah did.  I don't know how many times before we went that I told her it's packed, there's tons of people, the lines are crazy long and there's lots of walking.  She had her mind set on going and she did great!

Back home ... this is Hadassah wearing her new red hat that we bought during the night and all our bags!

This was our find and deal of the night.  Justice has these cute pillows for only $7.16!
Hadassah loves, loves panda's and so of course we bought one and now it will be adding to her pillow collection on her bed.  I tease her that she has so many pillows that there's hardly any room for her in bed!
It's got a good message too!

For today now, my eyes are heavy from just having 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night.  I did laundry.  The kids helped me put my fall decor away and we set up some Christmas decorations.  Having our Thanksgiving dinners over, it now seems like the Christmas spirit has surfaced for me!  I am playing Christmas music all morning and made homemade waffles for the kids breakfast.  Come on Christmas!!!

I forget where I bought this shirt but I couldn't wait to wear it on Ashlyn!
I love it and she was my little Indian this morning!!!