Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's so good to be back home!!!

We've been in and out of our home all weekend!!!  Mike left Sunday afternoon for the cabin and took his youngest brother with him to hunt.  Mike's not been hunting much at all (I think he's only gone twice before this weekend.)  He used to really love archery season and went often but his interests have gone to stocks and the money market.  He loves it!  Anyway, he headed for the cabin Sunday afternoon and so the kids and I went to hang out at my moms for the next few days.  This has become a tradition and it's always a great time!

Unloading all our things at moms is hard work!  I only have three kids and I feel over worked just to have a sleep over at moms!  (Us ladies talked about how if this would be our men taking care of the kids and trying to hang out ... we don't think they would go through all the dragging, loading, carrying, and work.  I wonder what their activities would be???)  We played "golf" and ate pizza.  The kids had fun with their cousins and it was late before we knew it.  Getting everyone settled with their friends and blankets was just another chore before I could crawl into bed.  (I don't mean to sound whiny about this all.  I wouldn't have to do it.  I just think being a mom isn't always an easy task, especially when you go away!)

Monday was a warm day.  So nice for the children to play outside!  I stopped at home to do a load of laundry and then went to my first "Norwex" party.  Unbelievable and I am sold!  Those rags work wonders and I can't wait to have some for myself!  After the party, we went shopping for poinsettias.  These Christmas flowers are so pretty and they add the perfect touch to my holiday decor!  Then we went back to mom's to do our annual candy coating.  We do lots of peanut butter crackers covered in milk chocolate!  They are so yummy!  The kids always decorate a gingerbread house while we do the chocolates.  This year mom bought the kits and they decorated trains.  The twins were excited about eating the candies and Hadassah and Morgan were getting frustrated that they wouldn't have enough to decorate with!  ALL the kids had a sugar over dose at mom's house!  Ridiculous!  The girls did a train and the boys did one.  They had fun!  Mom promised the kid's that if they help clean up the basement and all the toys, she would take them to 5Below.  My kids love this store!  We ate at Ruby Tuesdays and finally headed home.  Poor Ashlyn was so ready to be in her own crib!  She's teething and I can feel the tip of her first bottom tooth.  It felt good to just chill at home for the evening ... just me and my kiddos!


 These were our two helpers.  I would put peanut butter on a cracker and they would top it with another cracker.
... Gingerbread trains ...


The kids went to school Tuesday and they were excited about seeing their friends again after their long Thanksgiving break!  Ashlyn and Ginger went to Lena's house and I was off for a shopping day with my mom and sisters!  What a blast!  We went to Hershey because Mindy had a check up appointment for Shakia at Hershey Medical.  Shakia is getting well!  PTL!  We thought we would shop in Hershey but after Hobby Lobby, we decided to head home to our normal treading grounds!  The day of shopping without kids and having just some girlfriend time was great!!!  I picked up the kids at Lena's at 5 PM and I was again so glad to be home!  Mike was home at 6 PM and it was exciting to see him again.  Ashlyn nearly jumped out of my arms when she saw her daddy again!  So cute!  We spent the entire evening at home relaxing!  The kids read books and I tended to Ashlyn.  She's got a nasty cough and if you would ... say a prayer for her today!  She smells like a container of Unkers!

When we were shopping yesterday, I got a text from Mike. 
It read, "You are wonderful.  Spend some extra money on yourself today. It's on me."
What a loving husband!  It made me so grateful to have a man that loves me and cares about me!
I bought a new watch - $17!
Now for today, I have the day at home!!!  Relaxing in my pj's and hoping to hang up my Christmas wreaths!

I set up some Christmas decore the other day ...

 I saw these homemade snowflakes in a magazine and thought they were pretty. 
All you need is white pipe cleaners, clear beads, and string.  It takes only a few minutes to make them!
Have a great day and I hope your weekend was just as fun as mine was!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

PS - I am so loving all the Christmas music!!!  Love, love it!