Saturday, November 19, 2011

More family gatherings ...

We had another wedding on Thursday.  Mike's brother Ervin got married to his love, Mary Sue!  I wasn't able to take any pictures that day but it was so pretty!  Mary Sue had blue's for her color.  Her flower boutiques that she had setting around were outstanding!  She had these beautiful blue colored orchids.  Green fillers.  White spreading mums!  I just couldn't help but stand and admire the beauty!  God's unique creation and it makes a wedding day so pretty!

It's not easy getting out of the house by 7:30 AM with everyone dressed in wedding attire!  I was a little stressed and felt like my emotions were just hanging by threads.  Call it what you want but I title it ... busyness and rushed. 

I helped Lena clean houses on Wednesday.  Hung out with sister in law Rosie Wednesday night because she was home from Florida again for this wedding.  (Got to get together with out of state family when they are around!!!  Must!)  Wedding ALL day Thursday.  Around 7 PM Thursday, the kids were sick of all the people and ready to go home and chill.  Hadassah had a test to study for yet and spelling words to review.  Matthew also had some papers to finish up for school and he was so dirty from all the outdoor play and barn dirt from the wedding and needed a scrub down!  I packed them up and told Mike I was taking them home.  He was disappointed.  This was his brothers wedding day and really wanted to enjoy it with him and family the entire day.  (The Amish weddings are an all out celebration and all day event!  Wow!)  We left and got gas at Wawa and then I called my brother John Mike and asked if he would like to come pick up the older kids and take them home and help them get their papers done.?.  He said yes and after he met us at Wawa, Mike, Ashlyn and I went back to the wedding and hung out.  When we got home, the kids were relaxed and ready for bed!  Thanks John Mike for helping out!  Then yesterday, I cleaned my dad's shop (this is a side job I do every other Friday) and then rushed home to clean my house.  I took Rosie to Baltimore airport at 1 PM and came right back home.  A lot of miles but the traveling went well and had no problems with the directions!  PTL!  Thanks to Lena again for picking up the kids at school and caring for them till I got back home!

Ashlyn did so good at the wedding again.  Trying to get a good nap in for her wasn't an easy task and because of people literally everywhere, she didn't sleep too much.  She did good though.  There were enough of us that loved to hold her and give her attention!

Wishing you the best Ervin and Mary Sue!!!  Your day was special and we hope you enjoyed every moment!

We were at Dad Lapp's again last night for some more good (or terrible again for me) Settlers games. 
I got to take a picture of the boutique of flowers that Ervin and Mary Sue gave to the parents! 
These were nice too!


Prayer Request ...
Shakia, my brother Jason's baby girl, is at Hershey Medical.  She is only 2 months old.  She has been battling these nasty blisters on her lips for about 3 weeks.  She's been hospitalized twice and doctored a few times.  The Ephrata doctors finally sent them to Hershey for extensive studies and tests.  The poor girl is miserable and it really hurts her to even drink her bottle.  Her lips bleed and are swollen!  The Hershey doctors are saying it's coming from her strawberry birthmark on her bottom lip.  That type of birthmark grows and because it's on her lips, it stretches her lip and makes these blisters.  They are doing tests and are hoping to start a treatment for her today yet.  She needs to be in the hospital for a few days after the treatment begins.  The treatment to help shrink her birthmark.  Please pray for emotional strength for Jason and Mindy and for complete comfort and healing for Shakia!!!