Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Date!!!

Mike and I went on our annual "Christmas Date" last night!  Just him and I!

Hadassah and Matthew went to a birthday party that involved indoor riding of go carts and games!  Plus a sleep over.  (Leave it to Aunt Rosie!!!  Thanks and happy birthday Jeff!) 

Mike and I took that as a "go ahead and plan a date night" if two of the kids are out of the house anyway.  Ashlyn stayed with Lena.

We ate at Red Lobster and enjoyed the wonderful seafood and salads!  From there we went to the mall.  Mike would love to just sit and sip on a hot cup of coffee and watch people together.  He loves to see the hussle and bussle without being the one hussling around!  I guess that's why people say he's a phlegmatic!  We did enjoy a cup of coffee over a warm cinnabon roll but we didn't relax a whole lot.  We had some shopping to do for our kids and I am glad that got crossed off our list! 

The night out ... just the two of us was fun!  We got home late, put sleeping baby to bed, and still watched a movie together.  I told Mike, "I loose too much sleep living with you."  :)  I love our time together and really enjoyed the night out with my man!!!  Thanks Mike!  Night's like these just never seem long enough.

The kids are now back home and my two big pots of chicken corn noodle soup is made for a dinner tomorrow with the Dienners! 

It's dreary outside and I'm feeling a "wrap in a blanket by the fireplace" type of night!  Candles burning.  Cappuccino.  Soft Christmas music playing.  Maybe a few games with the kids?  Mike is hunting so won't be home till later.

I just love weekends with my family and friends!  Savour the good times and enjoy each moment together!