Monday, December 31, 2012

* Snow *

Our fresh fall of snow the other day was so neat.  There's such a peace in snow falling and the pure whiteness is refreshing.  And boy do we need a freshness in our house!

Since Thursday, I have been caring for the sick ... in my family!  I am so grateful that we had a healthy Christmas but we got blasted with the flu ever since.  It started with Hadassah and Mike not feeling well.  Mike was in bed miserable.  Achy and sore.  Hadassah didn't feel good too but mostly is was the cold for her that was the bother.  Ashlyn woke up Friday with a fever and not feeling well.  Matthew and I promised each other that night that we would both wake up still healthy!  :)  Well, the cold bug hit Matthew too.  A low fever.  Some more prayers and meds and now it's just a cold for him too.  Everyone but me had some kind of sickness.  I am believing in my good health!  I keep drinking lots of water and chewing on extra vitamin C's!  I believe prayer works too!  My family is finally on their way to good health again!  "Thank You Lord!!!"

Yesterday, we spent the entire day at home.  No church.  No hanging out with friends.  Just us as a family!  The day was fun, even though everyone, but me, kept wiping their noses!  (I disinfected all the door knobs and light switches and this morning put Clorox on the tubs.  The bed sheets keep being refreshed and the pillow cases washed and dried in the dryer!)  We played games.  Rommey O!  "Take One".  Marbles.  We read a bible story together.  We napped.  We ended the day with watching "Open Season" together.

I have been in the house since Thursday with only a minimum of getting out and about.  Today, I need to go get some groceries and get some fresh air!  The snow is still here but very little.  Maybe, Matthew will be able to finish up his snowman?!

Here is Matthew enjoying the snowfall on Saturday.


 Ashlyn says "coffee" a lot.  She says it so cute!  Every time we are sipping on coffee or hot tea or hot chocolate, she thinks its always "coffee".  Yesterday, as we were playing games, she spied the tiny cups in my cupboard.  I got one out for her and filled it up with milk.  "Her coffee"!!!  :)


 "Zoey" is growing and is sooooo cute!  Goodness, I know all puppies are cute but she is realllllly cute!  Just saying!  :)

She's four weeks old already and getting more active.  She can now crawl out of her 'little pool pen' and goes walking all around.  Her tiny legs take her flying all over the house. Way too cute!

She's getting teeth too and now we need to else keep her in her pen pool (which can be a challenge) or keep everything 'chewable' off the floor.  She chewed some of my journal pages yesterday and chewed two holes in Ashlyn's nuk.  (Why do dogs like to chew on nuks?  Carly chewed up and totally destroyed two of Ashlyn's nuk's.  We are down to only one good nuk in the house and I am hoping that soon Ashlyn will be nuk free.  :)  ) 

Here Hadassah and I had fun taking some pictures of Zoey.  Hadassah got new boots for Christmas and we stuck her inside of one.  Adorable.



 Here's why we need to keep things away from Zoey that we don't want chewed up!


Now, I am off to fold more laundry and grab some New Years Eve foods!  Have a terrific, healthy day!