Saturday, December 29, 2012

Longwood Gardens!!!

Last Friday night, we went to Longwood Gardens to see their Christmas light display.  It was Matt and Lena's idea.  They invited us out for Stromboli and then they gave our kids each a gift.  Earlier in the fall, they helped Lena with her leaves and she promised each a gift. 
 
We left at 6:30 PM.  It was so cold and windy but we bundled up good!  We took the wagon along and pulled baby in it!  Lena made some hot chocolate and I made hot tea.  We sipped on the hot drinks as we walked and walked the gardens!
 
Because I always take way too much stuff, I decided to let my good camera in the van and only use my phone.  I regret it.  The pictures just are not anything as nice as the displays actually were.
 
Here's baby ready for the cold ride.  We started with seeing lots of stars in the trees.
 Hadassah liked the lighted trees.  We watched a water fountain display that was really, really cool.
 Enjoying the lights.  Matthew actually tried climbing a tree until we said that he might damage the lights.  :(  We went to the Conservatory Greenhouse and that stole the show!!!  By far!  So many gorgeous flowers and I loved it!  The smell was unreal wonderful and I wished I could bring some of the scents along home!
 We walked into the huge greenhouse and they had hundreds of lilies displayed all about.  All white and it smelled so good!  Huge Christmas trees were filled with hydrangeas.  I am telling you nothing beats seeing this in REAL LIFE!  REAL FLOWERS everywhere!  These are real hydrangeas in the tree!
 They had a huge table set up in red, white and tons of flowers!  Water surrounded it!  There were lots of red berries all around.  Crystals.  Lights.  We stood there in total awe!  This picture just don't at all show the real beauty of it but oh well.  It's what I've got!  There were 30 buffet chairs set up on each side.  It was long and gorgeous.  It reminded me of the feast we will all share in heaven.  Imagining the beauty of heaven and real jewels is beyond my mind!  This was by far my favorite of the night!
 This wreath was filled to the max with real red flowers.  We toured their long stem roses section.
 Hibiscus!  A poinsettia tree!  Yep, all real flowers!  Amazing!
 They had white trees with tons of blue hydrangeas all lined up throughout the path we walked!  Again, so pretty!

The night was fun.  We walked a lot and the kids were ready to be back in the van and heading home.  Mike and I decided that this trip would be worth doing again on a date night.  So romantic and if love flowers ... you must go and see this for yourself! 

Thanks, Matt and Lena for the idea and for going along!  You are special in our lives!