Monday, November 4, 2019

Grape juice at it's best!!!!!





It's the time of year where I am receiving lots of holiday flyers, catalogs and coupons!!! Thanksgiving and Christmas is coming right up and I'm excited!!!!!!  I'm beginning to listen to Christmas music!  I went to a few holiday open houses and enjoyed some deals!  I swung by Target the other day to buy my 2020 calendar for $6.99!!!!  I love the simple paper calendars!  I stocked up on holiday candles from Cocalio Creek!  I grabbed some bottle brush trees out of the $3 Target bins.  I cannot wait to look through the new Magnoila Magaizine!  And, I grabbed a few books for the kids that I'm going to wrap up and give as gifts!!!!  AND, and I ordered our Christmas Cards already!!!!  It's got to be the first ever that I ordered them so early and with a 50% discount!!!  I really want beat the rush before it comes!




I also canned 20 gallons of grape juice the other day!  I buy the already pressed juice and so I just need to pour it in jars, lid each one and boil in boiling water for 10 minutes.  It sounds easy but it was work!!!!  It takes time to fill up canner after canner of jars and wait for the water to start to boil again and again!!!  I was happy to have this job completed and now we are enjoying this fresh, yummy juice each day!!!!


Here's my helper!!!


In between canning, Austin decorated a paper gingerbread man.


It filled so many 2 quart jars and lots of quart jars!




I also made for the first time Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili!  It hit the spot that night for supper and my family liked it!!!



Canning is a gift my mother taught me and I love having a cellar of canned soups, meats, pickles, applesauce and juice!!!!  We could live a long time on just our cellar foods if need be!!!!  It's such a blessing!!!!