Monday, November 4, 2019

Garden work in the fall.




The garden ... how I yearn to have a thriving garden!  Mike made me raised beds a few years ago and we filled them up with dirt.  We fertilize every spring with lime and organic fertilizers.  The garden beds do wonderful for all the spring veggies but there are some plants like cucumbers and watermelons that just die.  Are these plants hard for others to grow?  It makes me wonder if it's something in my dirt that isn't right.  So, last fall we topped all the raised beds with mushroom mulch and they did better!  This year I ordered some fresh topsoil that I scooped on top of each of the nine beds and then topped them all off with mushroom mulch!!!  I really hope this well be an benefit!!!




We still have carrots in the garden and look what's on the leaves again!!!  Also, in Ashlyn's little bed we have flowers still blooming!


"Peter Rabbit" was my helper when we worked on the top soil!






I pulled out the flowers and they are now on the dining room!  So pretty!!!!



My muscles were SO SORE from scooping all that top soil that I asked for help with the mushroom mulch.  Matthew is a hard worker and scooped the rest for me!!!  Thank you son!!!


I ordered five scoops and that was way too much for just the garden!  So, some of the flower beds got topped with fresh mulch and it looks great!!!!  I love the look of fresh mulch!!!!!






He scooped and dumped and she was the spreader!!!!  Team work at it's best!!!!


My fall work is winding down.  We don't have too many leaves and the few we do have are usually late in falling to the ground.  I know that one of these weeks, it will be the last of mowing yard for 2019.  The grass is green green!

We have been having such a lovely autumn and getting this type of chore done before it gets too cold is wonderful!!!!