Wednesday, October 26, 2011

7 months

Another week.  Another day.  Another moment to see life grow right before my eyes!!!

Ashlyn is now 7 months old.  I know I've been posting and saying this so many times, but it's still so true and totally her ... She's adorable, lovable, kissable, huggable, and sooooo enjoyable!!!  I can't imagine life without her and when I think of how it used to be before her birth, I realize how incomplete our family was without her!

Being at a funeral this week and crying the tears of sorrow, it reminded me again of how short life really is.  If we live a few days, a few years, or live to be an old person ... life still is short!  Someone commented to me just this morning at how fast Ashlyn is growing and I said, "Yep, it's still how it was when you had babies.  They don't stay little for long!"

The boys went out last night for a night together at Cabela's.  Mike's been wanting to spend some fun time with Matthew and so they choose to go to Cabela's.  Matthew got a sling shot and remote controlled jeep.  Both are waiting to be played with when he gets home from school!

While the boys were out, the girls went out for some fun too!  We went shopping and walked the mall!  Hadassah has come to realize that things come with a price tag and so she chose a few items that were at a good price!  Ashlyn was busy watching everyone walk pass and loved the stroller ride!

It's a busy week of extra school work and getting things completed before the quarter is over at school.  Hadassah has a few Bible verses to memorize yet and a science test coming up on Friday.  She also has a demonstration project she is doing tomorrow at school.  She wants to show the class how to make iced coffee's.  Matthew's got some vocab words to practice and one verse to quote to me yet before he needs to hand in his completed verse paper.  And, and they both are trying to earn the free pizza from Pizza Hut if they read a certain amount of time and books.  All this requires time from me too!!!  I tell Mike that being a mom sometimes feels like being a Sergeant and ordering out commands so that the kids eat their breakfast, brush their teeth, get dressed, grab backpacks and lunches and run out the door happy before the school bus passes!!!  With all that done in 45 minutes, I get the feeling of accomplishment already at 7:45 AM!!!

Enjoy your children!!!  I am mine!  Now, I must get to some household duties before they get home from school.  Have a great mid week!!!

Here's another cute picture of Ashlyn from this past weekend!!!