Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wet again ...

You might think by now that I have an issue with rainy days ... not really.  I enjoy the sunshine much more than the rain drops and seeing this much rain every week is becoming a routine.  I don't even check the weather much anymore because it will probably say rain or a chance of showers.  I did think often of Noah and really wonder how all that water and rain was for him and his family.  I am sure without a doubt that they were really ready to see the sun and feel the warm rays on their skin!  It's makes me more thankful and more grateful when we have a sunny day like yesterday!

I got to run again yesterday and it felt great!  No side ache and actually felt like I could keep going.  I've upped my run to 2 miles.  Working it.

------------
Ashlyn is 29 weeks today.  I had her at the doctors this week for more vaccines.  She weighs 18 lbs. and 1 oz..  She is 27 1/2 inches long.  The doctors have a chart that they go by when it comes to baby weights and lengths.  Ashlyn is above average in both of these. 

I love it when I get comments about her cuteness!!!  It seems everywhere I go in public with her, I get some kind of cute remark!  I was at Walmart and at least three people stopped and commented something about her.  She nicely gives each person an adorable smile and is so pleasant!  Then at the doctors, she was all happy and smiley when I was talking with the receptionist.  Ashlyn was reaching for one of the ladies in the office, so she took her and was fussing and fussing of how cute she is.  Ashlyn had all the nurses and ladies smiling and laughing!  She made the nurse that had to give her her shots feel like a mean person.  Of course Ashlyn cried when she got pricked twice, but she was smiling again as we walked out and said good bye!

She loves to eat her baby foods.  Any veggie or fruit or yogurt is good with her.  Not picky.  She finally figured out her sippy cup.  Before all she's done is played with it in her mouth and not suck.  She now knows that water will come out if she sucks on it and she really likes it!  She's not too sure about crackers yet.  I've tried graham and Ritz and both she shivered and didn't seem too impressed.  I got these baby rice cakes and she likes them.  They seem to dissolve really easy in her mouth.  Yesterday, Matthew was eating some cheese curls and left the Tupperware on the floor with two pieces left.  Ashlyn found it and seemed to make more of a mess than enjoying them.  (I do try to train the kids to eat at the table and not on the living room floor!  Sigh.)

She's mobile.  As I am sitting here at the computer, I moved her away at least three times from the dog food.  Our dog has a small dish of food and water and it has not been a problem yet to keep Ashlyn away from it.  This morning she keeps going for it so now it sets on top of the dog crate till I move her into the living room.  She's also taken a tiny tumble a few times.  We have one step that goes down from the kitchen into the family room.  She goes head first and ends up tumbling that one step.  She thinks it terrible but I suppose she will learn pretty quick to conquer that one simple step.

She is doing the 'soldier crawl'.  This is what my doctor called it.  She puts one hand in front of the other and pulls herself around like that.  She goes on her fours and rocks her body awhile and then tries to crawl on hands and knees but goes back to her 'soldier crawl' again.  She also for the first last week went from a sitting position to standing up.  We were in church praying on our knees and she was sitting on the pew with her back against the seat.  She turned herself around and lifted herself to a standing position by holding on to the pew.  I was right there to make sure she didn't fall and she got it accomplished.  She can also go from a lying on her back position to sitting up.  She's diffidently more mobile than my other babies at her age.  I think maybe because her favorite is just exploring the floor and things around her.  She likes her saucer and johnny jump sometimes but still prefers the floor the best.  That's fine with me.

Oh my ... Ashlyn just dumped all the dog food onto the carpet.  How did that happen???  Gotta go clean it up really fast before she decides to taste it ...................

OK, I'm back.  We store Ginger's food in a quart container and sets beside her treats on the floor.  The lid was on and somehow Ashlyn got it open and all the food dumped out.  I tell you, she's aggressive.  Aggressive reminds me of her dad!  He is being aggressive around the house lately too!  Mike does not do that great of a job with any household chores and the chores always seem to take realllllly long to finish and so it's discouraging for him.  I am the one that does most of the outside work around here but getting into the pine trees and pulling out those weeds is not for me!  I let that job for Mike and he hates it!!!  One reason is because he only does it a few times a summer and then the weeds are way out of control.  Another reason is that he don't like digging into pine needles either.  Well, the other day he made the comment that he was going to start doing 15 minutes of simple chores each day.  (Thanks to a book he's been reading and it encouraged to do this!!!)  Things like:  putting receptacle covers on the receptacles downstairs in the bedrooms that have never got put on when we redid the rooms, making a simple shelf in the garage for my laundry soap on top on the washer, fixing Matthew's closet doors, organizing the barn, taking the old trampoline poles to the shop dumpster that have been laying around here ever since we lived here. (I'll let you figure out how long that would be!  Smile!)  I think it's a wonderful plan and he's been faithful to this so far.  The closet doors are fixed and the poles are gone!!!  Thanks hon!!!

Well, the weather outside is saying to me else "stay in your pj's all day and do some scrap booking" or "go buy some new flats for the upcoming family weddings" or "work on getting the church calendar info updated", etc..  Not sure what my day will all consist of, but I am going to enjoy it!  Wet or dry ... God is good!!!