Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another week older and growing so fast ...

Ashlyn is 27 weeks old today and growing so fast!!!

She is sitting all my herself now and that is what we've been waiting for for a few weeks.  I love it that I can now sit her down on the floor and leave it up to her if she wants to sit, crawl on her belly or roll around freely.  She's starting to move from room to room too.  She found me in the kitchen a few times and of course when she finds me it's her delight when I pick her up!!!

She is also eating more baby foods.  She gets baby cereal in the morning or baby yogurt.  The first time I tried the yogurt she ate the whole small container!  So far, she has not been a picky eater at all.  She opens her little mouth wide every time she sees her little spoon coming her way!  Then for supper I feed her baby veggies.  Last night she had squash for the first and ate it like a pro.  Hadassah felt bad for her that she had to eat that but I nicely informed her that she doesn't know better and all veggies are delicious to her!!!  We hope we can keep it like that.  In between the breakfast and supper, she is still drinking her formula and she can now hold her bottle!  Sometimes when we are in the van going places and Ashlyn needs a bottle, I ask one of the older kids to hold it for her.  They most times grumbled about doing that and then I would usually say, "Guys, I am sure that Ashlyn will bake many cookies for you when she gets older.  Do her a favor and give her her milk!"  Then the other day Matthew said, "Hey, she is holding her bottle by herself now.  Guess I don't have to do that anymore."  Ashlyn holds her bottle alone most times.  She still needs some help, especially in her car seat!

This is her Stonyfield Yo-Baby Yogurt I feed her.  With a bib and a spoon, she's ready to chow!

I got her pictures taken this week at Picture People for the first.  I did this a lot with Hadassah and Matthew when they were babies, but now that I have my own Canon Rebel camera, I do most of Ashlyn's myself.  I would rather have the outdoors anyway.  She did great with the pictures!  Her little smile is adorable and I would love to post a few but I am not sure about the rights.  I am hoping to do some pics of all three of our kids soon and then I will post them.

This is Ashlyn enjoying life at 27 weeks ...

This is where she gets her blue eyes!!!
Ashlyn loves Hadassah and Matthew and they always get her giggling!!!
I love hats and shoes on children!!! 
And since this is the latest hat I purchased, I am getting some poses with it!!!

The sunshine is out bright this morning and that energizes me!!!  We have seen sooooo much rain and now that the suns shines, I will not take it for granite!  Enjoy the upcoming weekend and the warmer, fall weather will be a delight!

It's cleaning day for my house.  Gotta get to work!