Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend fun ~

It was a good and sunny weekend!  I was so ready to see the sunshine!!!  I am proud to say that I got to run my first two miles!!!  Even though running is tough for me, I think I am starting to like it a little more.  My goal is to run every day and the days that I don't go (because of a too busy schedule or PMS), I do really miss it.

Friday was a wet day for me.  It would rain and then the sun would shine a while.  Then it would rain again.  Well, I decided that if the sun is out for just an hour or so, I was going to try to mow some yard.  Yes, it was very wet but I went slow and just needed to get outside again.  I got the front yard done and then it started to cloud up fast.  I dumped the grass clippings quick and got the mower into the barn and by then I was soaked.  I finished mowing the rest on Saturday.  Then when the kids came home from school, I decided to go for a walk and not run (monthly issues).  I didn't get real far when I heard something behind me.  I looked back and more rain was coming fast!  I turned around and ran home.  I was soaked again.  Friday night I made some homemade pizza and we went over to Mike's dad's and ate supper with them.  Then the kids played some street hockey with Ritchie and Mike while mom and I got the dishes done.  Then it was time for some settler's games!!!  This is diffidently a fall/winter game for us and we love to play this game with Mike's dads!!!  I had three horrible games and left there not happy with my strategy, but it was a great time!  I am going to win the next time we play ... maybe all the games!!!  Wishing!
She was my mowing buddy for just a little while ...
Saturday morning, we went over to Lena's to watch the 'firetruck parade'.  The local fire companies got together and made a parade with their trucks.  It was short but the kids liked it.  When we got home the kids did some play doe art.


 

I am not sure if using my garlic press with play doe is a good thing, but they liked the way it pressed out all these little strings!?!

Sunday was communion for us at church.  So meaningful!  I knew listening to the life of Christ was going to spark a new life and 'not just a story' for me.  Doing my study lessons in our Bible Study at church, I am studying on the life of Jesus.  Even though I have just done the first years of Jesus so far, while I was listening yesterday to the preaching and the happenings of Jesus, I was excited to know that in the next few weeks I am going to do a more intense study on these events!

We had a church service last night to on the topic "to train up a child".  There is so much to say about parenting and what we should do and teach and instruct and plant and train into our children.  This is always a good challenge to do a better job and teach more about Jesus to our kids.  The preacher made a comment that went something like this ... "We assume a lot."  We assume the missing details in the Bible stories were easy.  I thought on that some and it is easy to read our children Bible stories and talk about the happenings long ago, but do we really make it a "REAL LIFE" event for them.  (This is why I have always enjoyed Sight-N-Sound!  It becomes so real to me and not just a story!)  This is a challenge for me and I am going to try to talk more to our children about how it must have really been in the ark for all those many rainy days; to be the sister that watched the basket float on the river and hope God will protect it; being a young boy and fighting bears, lions, and a giant without any guns; how it surely wasn't an easy journey to Bethlehem; how awesome it must have been to see a sky full of angels and then seeing the shepherds hurry off to find 'the baby'; and how gross it might have looked to see all the beatings, blood and hurt that Jesus went through to die on the cross for me!

Well, today is Monday and the kids are off to school.  Mike is working hard.  Baby is playing with her toys and I have laundry washing.  Have a great day!!!