Friday, October 21, 2011

< Emotions >

Emotion:  Disturbance, excitement, the affective aspect of consciousness:  feeling, a psychic and physical reaction subjectively experienced as strong feeling and physiologically involving changes that prepare the body for immediate vigorous action.

The past few days have been a lot of emotion for me.  We've been praying and thinking a whole lot about maybe another house.  Moving.  We really like it where we are and love the location but sometimes we get into the 'dream world' and just dream of someday living in a nicer, newer, bigger, and luxurious home.

I wish and try to be content right where we are as a family.  I am content ... I think.?.  The house we live in now has brought so many great memories for our small family.  It's been the first home Mike bought and it's the first home we ever lived in together.  It's the first home for our three children.  It's been a safe refuge for us and God has blessed us tremendously with living here.

I usually look at the Penny Saver each week because I like to go to yard sales and that usually is my source of knowing where some are.  Well, the past few weeks I have not been reading or looking at it.  I've been else too busy or just chose to not read it.  Last Thursday, I opened it up and briefly leafed through it.  I looked quickly at the auction listings and this one house caught my eye!!!  A gorgeous house with 3.8 acres.  Only 13 years old.  Over 6,000 square feet of living space.  Local!!!  Going on auction on October 21.

I showed it to Mike when he got home from work and we went online and did the tour online of the house.  Now, I get pretty excited pretty fast when it comes to things and stuff and this looked great to me!  It wasn't exactly how I would have built it or even dreamed of.  The outside has so much work but it was a dream house to consider.

On Friday night we went to Mike's dad's for pizza and settlers (I am still bummed I didn't win any games!!!) and we showed them the picture of the house.  We talked some and looked at the taxes and left it at that.  Nothing more really gave about the house and day's passed on.

Yesterday, I was cleaning our house and wiping up the kitchen floor and I just got this feeling about this house.  I stopped and prayed right there that if God wants us to buy this house then He would have to work fast!!!  It was a matter of a few minutes and Mike calls me.  He said, "I just can't seem to get this house out my thoughts.  I'm going to look at."  Oh my.  My minds starts spinning a thousand thoughts and questions and dreams and emotion.  I picked the kids up at school and we as a family went to see this beautiful home!!!

The kids reaction was going to say a lot about our decision.  They were really excited about the whole thing when we looked online at it and showed it them.  But when we talked more serious about it, they were a little hesitant.  I was too.  Change can be tough and this auction day was coming fast. 

We got to the house and we were all excited!!!  Nice bedrooms, excellent condition, big and roomy.  It has a gorgeous cherry kitchen; around sound; outdoor hot tub; full finished, with a kitchen daylight basement; three car garage; an breath taking office; screened in porch; a humongous pole barn out back; a front load washer and dryer; 2 fireplaces and so much, much, much more.  We walked inside and dreamed.  Hadassah loved the thought of a nice room and her own bathroom.  Matthew loved the outside swing set.  It had a bridge and steps that went really high up into a tree stand!!!  He also loved the laundry shot that would be in his closet if we buy!  Oh yeah, one of my biggest highlights was the closet's.  Closet's everywhere and big closets!!!  I loved that!!!  A place to put things and be organized!!!

We talked last night and set our price in our minds and hearts.  We prayed a lot about it.  We were going to the auction with that set price and no more.  There was emotion involved.  My stomach had butterflies, my mind was dreaming, and yet my heart was in prayer.  We would never want to borrow money that later regret or wished we would have not.  The sale was at 1:00.  The house was worth much more than we were willing to pay and we were aware of that.  We were out to bid if we could get a deal.

We did not buy it.  Again there was some emotion involved with getting so excited so fast and then not being able to call it our new home.  I am OK with that though.  I think?  I must be.  I know that if God has a place that He wants us to move to, He will let us know about it.  He knows our dreams and wants and wishes and desires.  Somehow, somewhere, sometime.

Oh, well.  My home is still home and I will be content.  I chose to be happy and I know that we live in one of the richest countries, in one of the richest counties, and in one of the richest friendly environments!!!  Where we live now is perfect for us!!!

I am grateful for my children and husband!!!

BE CONTENT!!!