Saturday, October 8, 2011

Melting Pot with Marvelous People!!!

I was looking so forward to last night's events and now it's already over.  I am glad to have some pics and know that we had a really great time!!!

We went to the Melting Pot with Marvelous People ...

The clock was ticking really, really fast when I found out that we were to meet at Dave & Suz's house by 4:15 PM!  I was told an hour later, but things worked out just fine!  I rushed through my shower, grabbed the kids pj's and Ashlyn's baby things, called my babysitter (Thanks LaVern and Fanny Lynn!!!), called Mike and said he needs to come home NOW, and out the door we flew!!!

I was anticipating this planned event out with some couples from church and starting it rushed was not my 'perfect date' beginning.  We waited in traffic in Gap and finally Mike turned around and went some back lane - road to find a faster route!  We got to Dave & Suz safe and sound and then Mike & I, Dave & Suz, Matt & Marlene, John & Martha Rose and JR & Ruthie got into the van and off we headed for King of Prussia!  (We really missed you JR & Linda!)  Mike & I were the only ones that have ever eaten at the Melting Pot before with this group, so I was sure it was going to be an interesting night!

We started out completely and totally clueless!  Because there was five of us couples, we had five different fondue pots.  We started out with picking different cheeses and then dipped our bread, chips, apples and fresh veggies into our cheeses.  I thought it would be a simple process ordering the cheese options because there were six cheeses to pick from and five pots.  Just take away one option and done right?  Then we could all choose and taste from the different cheese???  Well, I guess that would be too simple.  We finally just all ordered by couples that way we each got exactly what we wanted right in front of us!  (Martha Rose was protecting her cheddar cheese!)

Then we picked our salads and those pine nuts are the best!

Each couple picked their raw meat platter and then the broth flavor that we got to cook our meats and veggies in.  We were given a 'search and rescue' spoon for any meats or veggies that fell off your cooking picks.  Dave kept forgetting to take out the metal spoon and it would get really hot by the handle!  Mike canceled out the pork for our meat platter and asked for extra duck.  He thinks cooked duck is delicious!  Dave and Matt even got to sneak a small piece!  This was so hilarious to watch these men try cooking their raw meat in the broth.  It got really loud sometimes and you would hear someone say, "Ah oh, where did my meat go?"  Search and rescue!

Then the best was the last part!!!  Again, we picked our chocolate flavors and enjoyed dipped strawberries, bananas, marsh mellows, rice krispies, cheesecakes, brownies and pound cake (all bite size pieces) into the warm, melted chocolate!  Mike ordered the 'smores' for us.  We had milk chocolate with marsh mellow and graham cracker pieces all mixed together and it made for a great fondue!

After about 2 1/2 hours of eating and experiencing the 'Melting Pot', we stopped at Starbucks for some caffeine before heading to the movie theaters to watch "Courageous"!  (Thanks Dave for the coffee's!)

10:30 PM, we were sitting at the movie theaters waiting for the movie to begin!  A late night out was no lie!  The movie was a tremendous challenge to dad's to be the leaders in their homes and spend time with their children!  Lead spiritually, lead in family activities, lead in church, lead in prayer times, lead in making a difference to those around us!  Even though the movie brought a very strong message for the dad's, it also spoke to me in volume's!!!  How many times do I tell the children to go play instead of doing something with them together?  How many times do I actually give them my full attention?

I hope that I can be a mom that sees the needs and hurts in our children's eyes before it becomes too big for them to handle.  When to say no to peer pressure at the early stages of temptations.  I hope that I can be a mom that my children want to talk to when they are struggling in life. 

Mike and I want to be parents to our children that can lead them ALWAYS in God's direction.  Always seeking God in all situations.  Always looking to God for stronger faith and more courage and more boldness and more love and more family time and more, more, more .... 

God knows our hearts and desires.

The night flew by too fast and after picking up the kids and back home, I felt so blessed to have a great life!  This morning came way too early and getting to bed at 2 AM was worth all the fun, all the food, and the wonderful challenge that "Courageous" gave to me!