Monday, October 3, 2011

October

It's October ... am I glad???

Flipping the calendar over another page is always so amazing to me and I am never ready for a colder weather season.  My September was busy and so closing that month down was good but it's hard for me to comprehend how fast times seems to be going.  My days are always busy.  It seems I always have cleaning to do, laundry to keep after and fold, kids to raise and feed and spend time with, a baby to love and nurture, a great husband to plan our family events with, outside work to do, weeds to pull, school activities to be involved in, and in between all those - a life to live to the fullest!!!

I love my life and my family!!!  We had another fun weekend.  The kids went with my parents to the cabin Friday night and Saturday.  I was at an all day auction on Saturday helping with giving out buyers numbers and then adding up their bills and collecting the money.  I like a day out now and then and earn some money on my own!  (I know Christmas is coming up and I need to save up for some gifts.  I think there's only like 11 weeks to Christmas!  Crazy!)  Mike was working at the shop and Ashlyn was with my faithful babysitter - Lena!  Thanks everyone for taking care of the kids so I can have a day out!

We spent Saturday night at home and I finally got warmed up from our chilly day outside.  I do love getting into sweaters and warmer clothes, but I am sad to see our tans deteriorate and the warm weather leave.  I love to sip on some coffee or hot tea in these cooler days! 

Sunday morning Mike and I woke up together!!!  We made some coffee and Mike said, "Let's sit down and drink our coffee together."  I went back to the bedroom to get ready for church and then came right back out to the kitchen and said, "Yeah, let's do that!"  (I made the comment the other day that if we wait to do dates or things together just him and I when we have more time ... it will never happen.  We need to take the time now!)  Hadassah woke up and came out to the kitchen and I said, "We should be getting ready for church, but instead daddy and I are drinking our coffee's together."  She loved that!  Matthew woke up just minutes later and she couldn't wait to tell Matthew what I said.  I think she thought it was cool to have mom and dad hang out drinking coffee on a Sunday morning!!!  We turned some music on "really loud" and when we did start to get dressed for church, we had to do it fast!!!  We drove to church enjoying our grilled sticky buns that I got at the auction yesterday!!! 

At church we listened to the teachings of the Old Testament.  My hero's of the Bible have really done some big mistakes in their lives but they are still considered "Men of God".  That's encouraging because when we mess up in life, God always gives us a chance to become 'famous in Him'!  The question was asked yesterday in the sermon, "Why does God test people?"  After the door of the ark was closed, it didn't rain for 7 whole days!!!  God expects us to live a godly life in these times of violence and end times!  Many spiritual people in the Old Testament made huge mistakes in their lives, but what did they do about it???  How did they deal with their mistakes?  Abraham wasn't perfect, but always turned toward God for help.  David made a mess out of his life when he took things into his own hands and not God's but he too repented for his sins.  Joseph was always faithful and a big challenge for me!!!  Moses was a leader of tons of people and even though he made some big mistakes, he was the one God gave the Ten Commandments too!  Wow!!!

This morning I did another lesson in our "Jesus, the One and Only" study.  I have so many questions about the mother of Jesus - Mary.  Wasn't she scared when reality hit her that she is actually pregnant?  Pregnant with the Almighty, Eternal, Everlasting Saviour.  How did her pregnancy go?  Was she sick?  Did she get uncomfortable?  How on earth did she survive that long journey to Bethlehem on a donkey and then give birth in a dirty stable?  (That would have put me in labor too!!!)  Was everything 'heavenly' and peaceful?  Probably not.  Her life was 'real life' too.  I got a knew impression of Mary this morning when I read about Gabriel telling her the good news of the coming Messiah.  She was the chosen mother of our Lord!!!  I am the chosen mother of our children.  What a mission!!!  What a huge job!  An awesome experience!

Today is another chilly day outside and I think I might use the gift card that was given to me for Starbucks!  I love their cinnamon dolche'!!! 

Have a great Monday and enjoy the fall months!!!  The leaves will be bursting forth with their fall colors in a few weeks and then it will be the 'holiday months'.  Be happy!  Be free!