Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies

Oh, I thought these were so cute when I was searching for recipes online that have to do with pumpkins.  (I am a VERY seasonal person, so of course I would be searching for pumpkin shaped cookies!!!)

Hadassah loves it when they get home from school and I have a prepared school snack waiting for them.  It it's something really cool, I get brownie points!!!  I went out for some groceries this morning and was so happy to find all my ingredients for these cookies!

I hope they will be thrilled with these little treats!!!


If you want to make these for your kids or better yet, get them to help you, here's the recipe:
1 roll (16.5) Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookies
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup orange decorator sugar crystals
14 twisted butter-flavored pretzel sticks, broken in half

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray cookie sheets with Pam.  In medium bowl, stir cookie dough, egg yolk and flour until well mixed.

Pour sugar crystals into small bowl.  Shape dough into 28 (1 inch) balls; roll in sugar crystals.  Insert 1 pretzel piece into each ball for pumpkin stem.  Using toothpick or tip of teaspoon, make lines around sides for pumpkin ridges.  Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

Bake 9 - 11 minutes or just until set in center when touched with fingertip.  Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.  Cool completely, about 10 minutes.

( I made bigger balls and wished later that I made smaller ones.  1 inch would be great.  I had to bake mine a little longer because of a bigger size.  I think the smaller ones would keep more of a shape too.)
Start with the cookie dough ...
Mix it ...

Bake them ...
Enjoy them ...

I hope the kids like them!!!