Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blooms???


Blooms???  All these are blooming around our house.  All, but the first picture, are weeds!  Yep, weeds.  I don't like weeds, actually hate them, but for some reason the color of these struck me.  I love when the brown, winter ground starts changing into green and other pretty colors.  So, even if they are weeds, they seem pretty for now!

Our weekend was so fun!!!  Mike's parents came over Friday night for some "good old" settlers games!  We love playing this with them!  Too bad I didn't win any out of the three games we played ... next time!!!

Then on Saturday, the weather was so perfect.  Hadassah and Matthew played barefoot all afternoon.  They made the tree house on top of the swing set into their playing grounds!  It was so nice to see them play and be kids!  They shared chocolate lollipops, they drank soda, they made these nasty looking ice cream floats loaded with mini chocolate chips ... defiantly a sugar high of an afternoon!  They ran their energy off with playing some soccer, riding bike, and scootering! 

 Baby loves it outside too!

 My mower buddy!  Here she doesn't look impressed, but she did enjoy it!

Mike was at one of his shed lots and they were really busy there too!  So blessed for that! 

I was doing my normal Saturday chores.  Sweeping out the van and giving it a scrub down inside and out.  Made some food for my upcoming crop!  I even mowed the lawn!  It looks nice without those bunchy grass spots!  And because I am still running, I just had to go for a run!  I was even "feeling like it" and ran 3.5 miles!  I finished with a yell of accomplishment!  The kids yelled with me and were proud of me.  It felt so good and mentally stills feels great! 

Then Mike and I went on a double date with our friends and ate at Chipotle!  So yummy!  Mexican burritoes with organic meat, rice, and veggies hit the spot!  Thanks Hun!  We also did some window shopping and walked through some small shops.  We went with the guys to look at the new iPad and they went with us ladies to Bath and Body!  It was so fun!  We ate ice cream at Maggie Moos!  Mike and I finished off our date with a movie at home.  A ridiculous movie to say the least.  We didn't even watch the whole thing it was so weird!  Our luck on date movies has had a poor history and this added right to the list! 

Today, we heard some great preaching!  A challenge on giving to the Lord!  Giving tithes, giving of our time, make giving a priority and not just "a later thought".  God deserves our best.  Our first, not our left overs.  God blesses a cheerful giver! 

We rested in the afternoon and then spent the evening with more friends.  The boys and dads played a lot of street hockey and baseball!  We even had our first burger cookout tonight!  Charcoal bacon burger's made on a grill and the kids ate on the porch!  This March weather is so wonderful!

Now it's time to get to bed!  I have another week ahead of me!  More chances to shine my light!  More loving on the kids!  Every day dates with my hubby!  More laundry to wash and fold and put away.  More lunches to pack.  More "real life" with my family!  It's the good life!  Blessings!!!