Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Granola

I am enjoying the smell of yet another batch of homemade granola that is being baked in my oven this very moment!  I got this recipe from a friend and have made lots of it all winter and we are so loving the taste!  It's great with yogurt, milk, or just alone.  It doesn't really matter what my breakfast consists of, I think I just have to have a little granola to top it off.  Or sometimes, like right now, I sit down and just have granola for my breakfast cereal!  It's healthy, it's tasty, and it's filling!

Here's the recipe if you are into something yummy ...

12 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup wheat germ
5 cups rice crispies
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup almonds

Mix dry ingredients. 
Mix remaining wet ingredients and then pour over mixed dry ingredients. 
Bake at 325 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.


Store it in a tight, pretty jar and place it on your kitchen counter!  It looks nice too!

The weather is to be somewhat warmer today (And even warmer tomorrow!  Yes!!!) and with the sun streaming in through the front window, I can tell it will be a day to go get some pansies!

Please pray for Ashlyn today ... she's getting more teeth and seems to be miserable and irritable with it!  She chews hard on her nuk and then sometimes she doesn't want it at all.  She also has pussy eyes!  I hope it's nothing more than a simple cold!  I think all she needs is some extra lovin' and care!  Off to care for her ...