Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cleaning up ...

... OUTSIDE!  I know I am addicted to the word CLEAN this week!  Believe me, it's a good thing!

This morning another crew showed up to clean up the outside of our property.  They are called "landscapers"!!! 

Remembering back to last year this time ... I was huge and very pregnant!  Only a few more weeks of pregnancy before Ashlyn was born.  We decided last year to get a crew in to trim, edge, and mulch.  That seemed to be the best route because of me needing to have surgery for baby, we needed some extra help with the spring work!  It was a blast to watch a team of 5 people come and kick butt outside!  They seriously had things spruced up in no time flat!  What usually takes us days, only took them hours.  It's called "knowing what your doing, having the right equipment, being energized, and it being your job"!

So, we talked about what to do for this spring.?.  It was a huge lift to have their help last year, so we decided to get them again.  They arrived here this morning, and this time they are trimming our trees, roses, perennials and really cleaning up all around!  We decided to do the mulching this year ourselves though.  (Can't let the kids and us get too spoiled!)  I can't explain the feeling of watching them outside and seeing all my "outside work" get done in no time!  Me lazy?  Spoiled?  Maybe ... but I take it as a blessing!!!
.................

The inside is still under construction.  I thought the carpet guys are coming to finish up today, but so far they haven't showed up.  Can't wait till that's all complete too!
................

Yesterday, I did get to make my first stop at a greenhouse and bought some spring flowers!  Here's what I found ...